Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
At the request of millions of … ok ok … a few people have asked that I provide instruction on proper slide operations.

Though Newells have a couple unique features, still, the principles are very common across many other slides. After all, VALID MFG is the maker of the Newell slides!

One little tip you’ll hear others say is, “Mind your gap!” Well, to see can happen if you don’t…I humbly present to you:

Newell Proper Slide Operations | Newell School

I welcome your feedback and interaction.

At the request of millions of … ok ok … a few people have asked that I provide instruction on proper slide operations.

Though Newells have a couple unique features, still, the principles are very common across many other slides. After all, VALID MFG is the maker of the Newell slides!

One little tip you’ll hear others say is, “Mind your gap!” Well, to see can happen if you don’t…I humbly present to you:

Newell Proper Slide Operations | Newell School

I welcome your feedback and interaction.

Nicely done video CG. Lots of good information, not just for Newell owners, but a demonstration of good procedures that everyone should follow when extending and retracting slides. This video, and the fact that you were still alive to make it, is testimony to what a wonderfully understanding first mate you have. It's certainly an easy mistake to have made, but had I dinged up our new coach like that, Trish would certainly have send me on to the promised land.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video and sharing it with us all. BTW, you have a beautiful coach!

Last edited:
Nicely done video CG. Lots of good information, not just for Newell owners, but a demonstration of good procedures that everyone should follow when extending and retracting slides. This video, and the fact that we were still alive to make it, is testimony to what a wonderfully understanding first mate you have. It's certainly an easy mistake to have made, but had I dinged up our new coach like that, Trish would certainly have send me on to the promised land.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video and sharing it with us all. BTW, you have a beautiful coach!
Dyin laughin Jim! Thanks for your humor.

My wife IS special, for sure. Not the kind of “special” that describes me, mind you, but she's truly easier going. And, being the Saint she is, she actually thanked me for my efforts for pulling it into the driveway to make it easier for her to pack in the rain. Ha. Go figure.

I, on the other hand, spent the next hour rewiring my “a$$-kicking” machine for 220v; I seem to keep wearing the 110v motor out! 🤪

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back