Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Selfe.3

RVF Newbee
Is there a water filter in my 2021 Forester LE model 2551DSF?

With the (1 hr!) help of a FR customer service technician, I have now found our by-pass valves, hot water heater drain, and finally the water pump (under the bed slide). But we have not found a water filter—the last piece of the winterizing puzzle. I’m beginning to think that it does not have one and that we should filter external to the City Water connection. Any help is much appreciated.

Welcome to RVF, @Selfe.3; glad to have you join us here. Your coach may not have a filter; many Class Cs do not. They usually do have a a screen in the water inlet, however, to keep bugs and large particles out.. If your coach does have a filter, it would be located close to where you hook up your water supply hose.

If there is readily accessible space near the water inlet, you could install an on-board filter. Otherwise, an external filter would work fine.

TJ

I use an in-line water filter on my water hose coming into the coach on my Class A. It didn't have one either. I also have a drinking water faucet at the kitchen sink that I use a coconut shavings water filter in line there. Water tastes great!! No camper taste at all. The exterior in-line filter is mostly charcoal and gets rid of the chlorine taste and smell from some water sources we've been to. I bought them on Amazon!

Amazon.com: Camco 40045 TastePURE Inline RV Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (2 Pack): Automotive

Amazon.com: Hydronix ICF-10 RO Reverse Osmosis Post Polishing, Fridge and Ice Inline Coconut GAC Water Filter, 2000 Gal, 1/4" NPT: Industrial & Scientific

Latest resources

Back