Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
so as mentioned, due to a divorce and some other issues, I have been forced to live in my travel trailer for the time being.

I am parked in a relative's yard, and hooked up to their power, water, and sewage.

I am looking for a water filtration system, as I am spending >$60 a week or more for bottled water, with 2 dogs and myself, I find I am going through a lot of bottled water. plus, storage is a bit of an issue.

I came across this:

water filter:

looks promising. appears it will fit under the sink and I can hard plumb it into the waterline, I am hoping I can actually install an instahot tank under the sink as well.

has anyone done this in an RV?

of course, the instahot will only work when connected to 110v. but since I have the ecoflow 7200watt batteries with the 30amp connection to the RV and have 110v on demand when not connected to shore, that shouldn't be an issue.

Why not reuse bottles? I’ve spent months in the past with a couple of gallon water jugs refilled from public sources.

This things work great for drinking water
CB9542D7-5A54-4D35-B863-3B5702AD7FFC.jpeg

WECO Economy Booster Pump Retrofit Kit for Reverse Osmosis (RO) / DI Water Filters (ECON-100P) Amazon.com

don't have the space to store 3-4, 5-gallon jugs, and frankly don't have the patience or time to refill them.

prefer to have a filtration system installed in the trailer, since I am living here full time. in addition, I like having filtered instant hot water for tea and cooking

don't have the space to store 3-4, 5-gallon jugs, and frankly don't have the patience or time to refill them.

prefer to have a filtration system installed in the trailer, since I am living here full time. in addition, I like having filtered instant hot water for tea and cooking
My most recent purchase!
16855725827322600887020609379749.jpg

So this is my almost instant water heater! Using RO water keeps deposits from building up!!!

But there is more! I also added a rice cooker to use as a electric pot for my pre cooked meals to save time. No radiated food for me!

to be honest didn't even think of it, was focused on water filtration for RV.. DOH! moment
16855732176128583033716996848338.jpg

This two stage RO with booster pump has carbon block filters (my choice) to replace sediment, and standard carbon original filters. I use a second pump and holding tank rather than the supplied pressure tank. Sorry for the low quality picture. Reason I show what I use is the filters are full size filters. This is by design as I have full choice of filter selection.

Latest resources

Back