Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

07 Larado

RVF Newbee
Hi I have an 07 Larado 29rk and I’m having issues with my water heater, I flushed the system from the previous owner and the hot water worked for a week, all of a sudden no hot water. I then flushed the system again empty’s the water heater and then re filled it, I got hot water for a few seconds then cold again

First of all, welcome! Is this on propane or electric? USUALLY something like that is the by-pass valve got bumped or failed in some way. Is your by-pass a three valve system? Is it possible that the b-pass is open, but it was plugged and the flushing got rid of the blockage?

Thank you for responding, I actually have both electric amd gas options for heating. Was using propane before, this all started happening. And I only have one valve that is connected to the bottom of the water heater hose, it is a T connection which connects to the hot water hose. Currently the valve is parallel to the main hose.

Do you have an outside shower? If so check to make sure both valves are off. What you are describing is caused by either the by-pass valve is open OR the outside shower is the problem.

I checked my outside shower because I was checking to see if it got hot there and I got it off. So unless I’m missing a bypass valve somewhere I’m at a loss.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your by-pass valve and the back of the water heater? I do personally know of one guy that had hot water (parked permanently) one weekend and not the next. His by-pass valve decided it was going to by pass the water heater.......
The ONLY thing that can cause what you are describing is water is not going through the water heater. Would it be possible for you to disconnect the by pass line and plug it temporarily for testing?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back