• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JFlo

RVF Regular
Hello,
I've got a 2018 Kodiak Cub 175BH that I am winterizing for the first time. I was following the process as shown in this YouTube video, switched the heater tank bypass valve and I left the hot water tank plug out. I began to pump anti-freeze through the water lines inside, and when I went out to flush the exterior spray hose, there was a small but steady stream of water (slightly pink) coming out of the water heater tank drain hole. Is that typical? Is the bypass valve possibly not fully closing off the line into the tank? I don't think the antifreeze will hurt the tank right?

I would say to check the bypass valves to make sure they are fully in bypass mode Work them back and forth a few times.

Hello,
I've got a 2018 Kodiak Cub 175BH that I am winterizing for the first time. I was following the process as shown in this YouTube video, switched the heater tank bypass valve and I left the hot water tank plug out. I began to pump anti-freeze through the water lines inside, and when I went out to flush the exterior spray hose, there was a small but steady stream of water (slightly pink) coming out of the water heater tank drain hole. Is that typical? Is the bypass valve possibly not fully closing off the line into the tank? I don't think the antifreeze will hurt the tank right?
Antifreeze will not hurt the tank but not a good taste for the water. You could always flush it out with some fresh water in the drain hole just to get it clean. Be careful of not getting too much pressure in there. Better to do it with several small amounts.
Ken

The antifreeze won't hurt the tank, but don't forget to flush it out before firing it up next spring. This will help you get the antifreeze flushed out without messing up your existing winterize job on the rest of the plumbing.

Latest resources

Back