Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

shawley55

RVF Regular
Need hep! Yesterday we had a mobile rv tech do a service on our water heater, just thinking it was good preventive maintenance, even though water heater was working just fine. After the rv tech drained and flushed the tank we decided it was a good idea to replace the heating element, so he replaced it with a highper amperage one than the original. Well needless to say it got hot to the touch but was not heating water. Four hours later he returned and replaced the new one with the old one. No hot water still after all night. Now what do we do?

I'm sorry to hear of this and I don't have a solution to offer but I've learned a lesson with my house - leave things alone. When preventative maintenance occurs things break. I am now going through replacing the air conditioners in my house which were fine until people touched them when I thought I was doing a good thing. They are old, it's due, but I'm not doing preventative maintenance without thinking things through carefully.

I'm sorry to hear of this and I don't have a solution to offer but I've learned a lesson with my house - leave things alone. When preventative maintenance occurs things break. I am now going through replacing the air conditioners in my house which were fine until people touched them when I thought I was doing a good thing. They are old, it's due, but I'm not doing preventative maintenance without thinking things through carefully.
It was a small error, thankfully! Water tank under sink was not open all the way!

As I go through this life I'm reminded many wise people went before me...Often sayings will come to mind we all heard, but maybe didn't heed the advice. "If it aint broke...don't fix it" comes to mind. I am of the same mindset Neal. I'll fix it when it breaks. (Of course that doesn't apply to changing engine oil, etc. ?)

Don’t fix things not needing to be fixed! ?

I understand your thought process but as I have aged, why fix it until it really needs fixin!

Latest resources

Back