RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - On the way to Mothership for warranty work. My coach and One other Gentlemen's coach has this issue.

Ventana 3407
If Sitting or even moving, (raining) I collect about 1 cup or so of water dripping into the outside TV compartment. It's NOT coming in through the door. I have (no TV installed) taken the plastic header/peg board out, and the water is apparently coming down the vent pipe, or the bathroom sink is leaking at that joint. I have not been able to determine where the water is coming from. My friends coach was extensively tested from his description "every conceivable angle-source of entry) and no water showed up in there. I have had it happen twice, once driving through hard rain in OK, and last Wednesday in Chattanooga, TN (sitting in RV Park).
I did during the TN layover, unwinterized the water system, so was running lots of water through the system, especially the bathroom sink. However, the leak, does not happen as a rule when using system normally. I believe it's rainwater coming in somehow, since it's only happened when sitting/driving in rain.

Does anyone else with Ventana Coach have this issue, if so, have you resolved it, or had it fixed? Thank you in advance. If factory fixes it, will advise what they did. Friends was not fixed where he took it, but then again, the tech spent hours and could not duplicate the issue. We both keep our rigs stored under cover, so water cannot get in, when stored.

Found out from neighbor at Mothership service, some 2019 Ventana's with awning, have some cracks in fiberglass where it mounts. Newmar is aware of this, and is covering those repairs under the 5 year structural warranty. Mine did not have them, and the tech could not find the leak. He did confirm it did leak, but putting in rain bay for 20 minutes did not show it up. He caulked a couple of place on the roof which "might have been culprit", but not sure. Other owner with similar problem also could not duplicate the issue. I will watch it close.

My entire front bedroom floor and front storage area floor has been saturated and is very soft. I noticed a small area early on this past spring during cleaning. Wasn’t sure what it was. After several trips, I noticed the problem spreading thru out the bedroom. Appears the water is leaking along the chatting seam where the fiberglass side wall meets the frame near the door. The dealer said this was a common problem in the Keystone Bullet series. Sunset has a lesser history. Unit is a 2019. Amazing how quickly this has deteriorated. We did have several bad storms, but this is crazy. Thanks for your interest

Latest resources

Back