Thor Motor Coach
RV Model
Four Winds 30D
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Trail Hawk
Fulltimer
No
I know this has been probably discussed before but a newbie (me) is trying to learn something here. What is the best Water Pressure Regulator Valve out there? Is there one brand name that is better than the others? Also, what does everyone have theirs set to? I have heard between 45 psi and 55 psi is normal. Thanks for everyone's answers!!

John
2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D
2020 Jeep Trailhawk (Toad)

That’s something of a subjective question, John, but the Watts 263A series (there are several different versions) are considered top end. We have one, but most frequently use the fixed-pressure Fairview 55 (it is preset at 55 PSI). Both are available here:

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the RV Water Filter Store except being a long-time satisfied customer.

Most folks set their adjustable pressure regulators in the 45-60 PSI range. The 55 PSI of the Fairview unit is perfect for us. And it has great flow! That’s the problem with many of the pressure regulators on the market today; they restrict flow. The Watts and Fairview units are among the best for flow and I think that gets you the best bang for the buck!

TJ

That’s something of a subjective question, John, but the Watts 263A series (there are several different versions) are considered top end. We have one, but most frequently use the fixed-pressure Fairview 55 (it is preset at 55 PSI). Both are available here:

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the RV Water Filter Store except being a long-time satisfied customer.

Most folks set their adjustable pressure regulators in the 45-60 PSI range. The 55 PSI of the Fairview unit is perfect for us. And it has great flow! That’s the problem with many of the pressure regulators on the market today; they restrict flow. The Watts and Fairview units are among the best for flow and I think that gets you the best bang for the buck!

TJ

TJ&LadyDi,

Thanks for the information. I will look into the Watts 263A series and thanks for the information on the PSI too.

John
2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D
2020 Jeep Trailhawk (Toad)

Latest resources

Back