Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bigdee183

RVF Regular
Hello all, I have searched for information on water pressure regulator settings and understand that 45-60 psi is what general comes up. I have a new East to West trailer with a gas on demand water heater. Now I have an electric on demand water in my home and it has a flow meter that wont let the unit come on unless there is something like 70-75 psi. I was wondering if the RV on demands have to have a specific psi to operate? Does anyone here know? Or a link to information? Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I have searched for information on water pressure regulator settings and understand that 45-60 psi is what general comes up. I have a new East to West trailer with a gas on demand water heater. Now I have an electric on demand water in my home and it has a flow meter that wont let the unit come on unless there is something like 70-75 psi. I was wondering if the RV on demands have to have a specific psi to operate? Does anyone here know? Or a link to information? Thanks in advance!
Are you sure that's accurate? Most things I've read recommend under 60 PSI for homes as the safest, and never to exceed 80PSI. Can't imagine a residential hot water heater requiring 70+ PSI to work.

When we had our home hot water heater replaced we checked the pressure in the surge tank and added air to get it to 60 lbs so that would be what it tries to keep the pressure at as a minimum.

I could be wrong about the 70-75 psi in my home water heater. As I think about it, it would most likely be rated in gpm instead of psi but I wasnt asking about my home water heater. My question is about my rv on demand water heater. Do these work the same? My experience is with electric residential heaters so this gas rv one is new to me. I'm just trying to learn from others that have experience with gas rv heaters. Thanks

Latest resources

Back