Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike_b42

RVF Regular
I just posted a question about my fridge, and mentioned that I had a question about thte water pump as well. Here it is:

I had filled the water tank in my MH for a trip, and the next day I noticed a small puddle of water, and the tank had drained a bit. The water seemd to come from the tank compartment, but I could not see any obvious signs of water coming from the hoses. However, there was water under the water pump, so I think that the pump has sprung a leak. I will futher check this, but I started looking for a new pump. The pump has a number on it: 2088-422-144. Typing that into search in a web browser brings up a diaphragm pump from “Ebusin” on Amazon (probably Chinese), which says it is for “fresh water”, and I can also find a pump from “Shureflo” with a slightly fifferent number (2088-442-144), which says it is not for potable water. Shureflo does not have a product 2088-422-144. Are there any recommendations on what to use?

The issue is the diaphragm material. For the record, fresh water doesn't mean potable either. I don't drink the water from the tanks, so don't worry about it. Well I do drink it, but only after extensive water treatment.

Answer: buy only potable equipment if you're drinking the water, otherwise buy something that looks similar to what you have. Forget the model number and look for pump volumes. GPH

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back