Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tlaferriere

RVF Newbee
hello all, my first post. Waterpump has recently decided to stop working.
  • 1999 Monaco Windsor 36'
  • 3 Momentary switches on rig to turn on waterpump, none work. I do hear a "clicking" in the main water pump switch if any of the other switches are engaged.
  • Fuse labeled waterpump tested and working.
  • There are no inline fuses I can find.
  • Water pump works fine when directly powered via battery.
  • I hear a relay may be the problem, but dont see one.
Thoughts?

Thank you,
Tom

There is a controller for the water pump switches. Usually located near the pump. It will have a wire going to ground, one to 12v power, one to the pump, and 1 or more going to the switches. This controller is normal to fail. Several brands exist. Once you locate it post a picture.

There is a controller for the water pump switches. Usually located near the pump. It will have a wire going to ground, one to 12v power, one to the pump, and 1 or more going to the switches. This controller is normal to fail. Several brands exist. Once you locate it post a picture.
What @redbaron said!

Oh...and, welcome to RVF.

TJ

We are getting ready for our summer departure. Started disinfection procedure of the fresh water tank, and suddenly DW is telling me the water pump is not coming ON. Long story short after couple of hours of sweating and cursing, removed the WP and controller. They are well hidden behind the wet bay panel.
Found out the ground wire is dead. It disappears inside the coach , so you can not troubleshoot. Pulled a good ground wire from the electric bay. The pump came alive, built up pressure and shut down.
The green light on the controller is ON, and the green light on the momentary switch in the wet bay is ON.
The 3 indoor pump switches on the wall panels are dead?
Tried it with C-Storm and Intelitec controllers. No change.
Somebody mentioned that the indoor switches need a common ground with the controller. I wonder if that has to do with it, since I disconnected the old ground wire?

Any ground should work. Nothing special that I'm aware of. May be time for a new pump. I recommend REMCO AES I think it is.

The ground is switched , so running a new ground that bypasses the controller will cause pump to always be on

You are right. Found a schematic from the manufacturer.
Now the 3 indoor buttons work, but the little green dots don’t come on?
At least I can turn on and off the pump without diving into the wet bay.

Any ground should work. Nothing special that I'm aware of. May be time for a new pump. I recommend REMCO AES I think it is.
Neal, they have 3.4GPM and 5.3 GPM. Which one did you get?

Latest resources

Back