Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
PPL in SW Houston usually has a large inventory, and we like to do research there - yesterday was gorgeous weather, and we drove up there to check out some DPs that had some interesting mods.
WELL... by the time we got there, both were sold (neither were great rigs) and the lot was mostly empty of diesels, except for some junkers. They usually have scads of RVs, especially DPs....at least a hundred or so. We saw about 25 on the lot (DPs - we didn’t look at other types). I’d been watching the website since last fall - I’d seen the inventory dropping.
Covid-19 .... they said people were buying up rvs - just wanting to escape Covid. Ehhhh ok.
After the elections, and these people find out how much $$$ and work and inconvenience is involved... will there be a flood of used DPs and other Rvs on the market? Hope so. We’re looking to buy another rig next year, possibly late summer, or fall.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
KSDP 3910
RV Length
I’m no Nostradamus, but I don’t see conditions abating until people feel safe doing things such as flying, cruising, and staying in hotels. That is going to take some time. Probably years.

It’s not just used sales that are affected either. I’m looking at a seven month lead time on my Dutch Star order.

RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I agree with Neemer. The economy is good, at least my sector is. People are buying big ticket items like CRAZY!!! Try to buy a hot tub right now. You can't!! No RV's to be found either. I've already sold all my 2020 Ram trucks and have sold all the 2021's I had ordered as well. It's been incredible!!

They actually called me and wanted to buy my coach. 2019 Bershire XLT 45B. I told them I just bought it a year ago and wasn't looking to sell. They admitted they were cold calling. I guess they need units.

RV Year
RV Make
American/Newmar
RV Model
Tradition/King Aire
RV Length
40/45
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
I just listed a beautiful 1 owner American Tradition 40ft Diesel. If interested cabo53@yahoo.com.

Last edited:
I checked various websites, and now (probably due to season), there’s more coaches for sale, Some pretty good deals actually. Still not seeing what we want, but we’re not ready to buy anyhow.