Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mary and Bill

RVF Regular
Hello. Does anybody have the Murphy bed In their camper? My husband thinks they are a great idea but I wonder how comfortable they are. What is your opinion?
Thanks

Most campers us the lower part of the bed as storage. They also put cabinets across the top. If you were to have a bed that swings up you may loose all that storage, but if you don’t need it?

I've always felt that Murphy should get his own darned bed.

And welcome to the forum. :)

I made my own in my cargo/ toyhauler. I am doing a mod now on the same trailer because I no longer need the space for the wing. I plan to have a box for storage under the bed when down, Use as a bench when the bed is up.
Comfort depends on what mattress you use in the bed.

I made my own in my cargo/ toyhauler. I am doing a mod now on the same trailer because I no longer need the space for the wing. I plan to have a box for storage under the bed when down, Use as a bench when the bed is up.
Comfort depends on what mattress you use in the bed.
So you do like them, not to much trouble to close up every day? Where do you put your pillows?

Yes I do like them. less trouble than making up a couch bed everyday, Make it and close it. couch pillows. OK bed pillows with covers that look like pillows for a couch.

We have a murphy bed in our camper and it is the worst nights sleep ever! Our murphy bed came with a bifold mattress and it is so uncomfortable. I tried two different kinds of mattress toppers with no luck. We currently keep the murphy bed down all the time and we have put in a regular full mattress. I don't recommend them for adults and if you are tall they wouldn't work.

We have a murphy bed in our camper and it is the worst nights sleep ever! Our murphy bed came with a bifold mattress and it is so uncomfortable. I tried two different kinds of mattress toppers with no luck. We currently keep the murphy bed down all the time and we have put in a regular full mattress. I don't recommend them for adults and if you are tall they wouldn't work.
I didn't know they made bifold murphy beds. That sounds bad!

Latest resources

Back