Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are your 2022 Travel Plans?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
So where are you headed this year? Going any place new or returning to fav destinations?

This is the first year I'm in a shoulder shrug as to where to go. In prior years I had events, reasons to be somewhere, etc. This is the first "freestyle" year for me and I have to figure out where I want to go. As of now my tentative plans are:
  • Gaffney, SC / Freightliner standby list end of January for PDM recall and one other item to check then to Hilton Head Motorcoach for 2 weeks followed by a few days in Savannah then back home near end of February
  • I've been rolling a reservation at VA Beach for a year and a half now so my plan is to be there for July 4th which is typically when I go, for a week. Possibly back up to an ole fav, Cherrystone in Cape Hatteras after VA Beach.
  • I'm considering going to the Oshkosh AirVenture airshow after VA Beach (Wisconsin) so that will likely be the next stop on that outing.
  • Fall I'm thinking of a Denver/Aspen tour possibly followed by another attempt at Glacier NP
  • The past winters I traveled. This winter I decided to stay home. I'll likely to Naples, FL and other Florida destinations for a several month winter escape.
My plan on selling my coach and considering buying a new coach left the brain cavity about as fast as it entered it. Keeping ole trusty and enjoy it as I do every time.

So what's your plan?

We’re actually staying in FL through the summer so that we can feel the heat and make sure we can live with the worst of it before buying some property

As much as I can!
Still trying to figure out a trip to Theodore Roosevelt NP that does not involve days of empty driving from California. I was looking at the Bighorn Mountains as an intermediate stop for a few days. Maybe back to Colorado.

Lots of local boondocking is our go-to getaway, but all our favorite local haunts burned up last summer.
Anyway, it's the wife's turn to pick a destination. I chose Utah last summer (hiked into The Wave, that is one more thing off my bucket list).

Trip to Vegas and back wore out DW. We will stop at Jim's place on way back to Olde Beau in May, hang there for spring and early summer. Also spend Independence Day at Jim's. Will do Middlebury in Sept/ Oct for last of warranty items. More of a low key year, close trips and trying to enjoy our place in mountains.

We’re actually staying in FL through the summer so that we can feel the heat and make sure we can live with the worst of it before buying some property
In my experience, FL in summer isn’t that different from NoVa.

Headed to Phoenix area shortly. Be back home in April. Hoping to get in some spring training, but I fear baseball is going to go full stop. We’ll see.

Newmar Service Center in May for warranty stuff.

Newmar International Rally in WY in July. Plan on spending about two months in that region.

FL between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe back to FL next winter.

Staying in Michigan for the summer eating cherry pies 😂 with 10 day break for Europe cruise. Hope the Covid situation does not cancel the cruise?

In my experience, FL in summer isn’t that different from NoVa.
I hope that turns out to be what we experience. That would be totally livable for us.

I used to have to travel to Tampa mid summer for work. I love FL, will probably move there someday. The humidity is just one to get used to which just means more time in water.

Latest resources

Back