Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What do you carry TWO of when traveling?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ARD

Staff member
RVF Moderator
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Sign. It's always something. My black tank sensor is showing 100% full although empty. It tends to do that on travel days and will usually go down as the gray tank goes up. Not usually a problem except lately since I've been staying at Harvest Hosts where I don't have access to city water, so I can't just take the fuse out and flush away. Today I'm at a KOA in Des Moines, IA and NOTE TO SELF => carry an EXTRA WATER PRESSURE REGULATOR. Lately, I've been staying at places with lower water pressure so I tightened my Watts Adjustable Regulator way down. Well now I'm at a CG that is blasting 80 psi and I can't loosen it to let up the flow. So now I have access to city water, but too powerful and I have the happy red light indicating that my empty black tank is full and yeah I'm just risking it. I pray I don't blow out my pipes.

So, I'll be buying a second adjustable regulator. I do carry extra fuel filters and belts, but today's little problem got me thinking...what ELSE should I be carrying TWO of? What extras do ya'll carry in your rig?

I have a fifth wheel and ever since I broke a king pin lube plate in Yellowstone NP I carry an extra. We had to drive into West Yellowstone MT to buy another one and paid 3 times what they should cost.

Oh goodness, this is so simple. Put your mouth around the city water spigot and turn the water on full. If it puffs both cheeks out that's 80psi. Turn down until only one cheek puffs out, that's 40psi. Best if verified on video, posted for verification.

Extra pins to connect the tow bar-Have needed this.
extra surge protector-i carry two in case of a lightning strike even though we hardly have lightning strikes in CA. :>
OASIS water pumps-I carry two because there are three potential pump replacements.
Extra Hub and lug covers
Extra Fire extinguishers
Extra beacon flashers in case of breakdown on highway. Comes in sets of three.
Extra water filters for both interior and exterior.
Extra tire pressure sensors for both toad and rig.
Batteries of all kinds. I have a bin full of extra batteries. Seem to go through them fairly regularly.
Extra head lamps one battery powered and one rechargeable.
Extra arms for cabinets that raise up. Had one fail going down the road and the cabinet was hanging with the other one.
Extra drawer locks.

last but not least.....Extra quarters in case I have to call one of you experts on the side of the road from a payphone and there is no cell coverage.

Pickleball paddles? Oh never mind, that's four!

At least one or two dogs???

.Extra quarters in case I have to call one of you experts on the side of the road from a payphone and there is no cell coverage.

what’s a “payphone”??

She has a thing for complicated math problems. I’m not falling for this. I’m out.

I carry a spare of the following items:
  • water pressure regulator - just a cheap Vallerra 55 psi one
  • A hose Y with shut offs
  • 3-4 hose quick connectors
  • Water pump
  • Water filter cartridges (one for each canister)
  • 300amp fuse (two spares)

Latest resources

Back