Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What ever happened to the Roadmaster kit to be able to back Up a toad safely?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sheridany

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Prevost
RV Model
Marathon #1361
RV Length
Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
A while back several RVF members were looking at the kit to be able to back up the toad while connected to a Roadmaster tow bar. I seem to recall some members were returning the kits. Has there been any updates since?

I can't even imagine how this would work.. lock the steering wheel straight and just scrub the heck out of the front tires? Sounds like they tried and failed.....

They ran into a problem <rim-shot>

Maybe it involved selling another base plate for the rear.. and when you want to backup you get out, unhook.. hook up to the rear baseplate.. and voila! You can now backup your toad....

I have one...works great now!!! The first one I got from etrailer worked great for backing up but actually induced the dreaded Death Wobble. I called the manufacturer and they said that mine was one of the first production units and the cylinders were not evenly filled. They sent me another one with 110lbs pressure in each cylinder and no more Death Wobbles and backing up works fine. When I say backing up I mean the occasional back up needed to align with the nozzle at a truck stop. The wheels on the toad stay perfectly straight.

@redbaron might chime in here as I believe he was working closely with the manufacturer.

Latest resources

Back