RV Make
INTEGRA
RV Model
ODYSSEY
RV Length
33'
TOW/TOAD
2016 TOYOTA COROLLA
I have a C class and trying to figure out the best and safest way to tow a vehicle.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

We use a tow dolly behind our Class C. The car we tow is paid for and we did not want a OT expense of buying another vehicle. We have not had any issues towing. I do believe flat towing may be best and easiest and we my look at that in the future. The problem I have is backing with the car on the dolly, the pivot point on the dolly makes backing difficult. As far as safe I guess flat may be safest, no danger of the car coming off the dolly. I check the straps on the dolly each time I stop.

We use a tow dolly behind our Class C. The car we tow is paid for and we did not want a OT expense of buying another vehicle. We have not had any issues towing. I do believe flat towing may be best and easiest and we my look at that in the future. The problem I have is backing with the car on the dolly, the pivot point on the dolly makes backing difficult. As far as safe I guess flat may be safest, no danger of the car coming off the dolly. I check the straps on the dolly each time I stop.
Thank you for your reply.

I am going back and forth with flat tow and tow dolly.

How long have you been towing with the dolly?

You cannot backup towing four down. Maybe a few feet at best……carefully.

Thank you for your reply.

I am going back and forth with flat tow and tow dolly.

How long have you been towing with the dolly?
This is our first year with the motorhome.

I guess the best thing about flat towing is when you get to your destination, you don’t have the dolly to deal with.

Just so you know you can't back up with a tow bar/ flat towing either. But we flat tow our Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and love it!

Really do some research. IMHO..... towing 4 down is so much better and way easier than trying to load your car on a dolly. Your front wheels are off the ground, you have to secure the vehicle once you drive it up the dolly. Now you have to find a place to store the dolly at the campground.

Towing 4 down is not cheap. You need a tow bar base for your car, good quality tow bar, and depending on the weight of your car maybe an auxiliary breaking system. I am partial to Blue Ox bases and tow bars. I used to help my buddy load his car on a dolly. No way would I go that route for me.

HH

Latest resources

Back