Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Much of the younger generation is starting to wear on my patience. I know it’s not everyone, but certain ethnic divisions of our society act like pure trash. Not only do they not grasp certain aspects of common decency, but they also lack respect for others as well as having no concept of moral right and wrong.

We had to take a trip to Pensacola to bury Trish’s Aunt, a very nice lady who spent the last 10 years suffering from dementia and wasting away in an assisted living facility whose primary directive is to keep people alive while they blead every last dollar they can from their savings or from their insurance company.

We travel with two German Shepherds and would normally take our motor home on a trip like this. But with Spring Break upon us and -0- places to reserve space, we had to stay in a motel instead. On my dog walk duties this morning, I was picking Rex’s contribution to the earths fertilization effort and a young man (mid to late 20’s) and his girl friend started to laugh at me. She said (in a low but clearly auditable voice) eww, he’s picking up that dog’s sh*t. And he said, “I wonder if he’s going to take it home for breakfast?” And they both laughed and made a few more remarks.

As I finished picking up after my dog, I glanced down at the area where I was standing and there was a dirty diaper laying in the parking lot. So, here’s the picture. I am being ridiculed for picking up after my dog while the other people are throwing their human waste out on the street.

It did not sit well with me, but there is not much I could do to educate these asshats as their education should have started at home, and that has clearly failed.

What a way to start the day.

Years ago I would have suggested a motel on the other side of the tracks. Sadly, that no longer solves the problem.

I work with our church youth group, and many of the kids have multiple personalities. They have the "I am being cool" personality and then their own true character, which is often different.

We spend a lot of time encouraging thought and teaching of consequences, but our time with the youth is so limited in comparison to the rest of their time. Often. Our weekend campouts are ending just as the kids start letting their true nature show....its very frustrating.

I blame social media, and media in general, but the reality is the parents are to blame for their choice. They can be involved with their kids to teach, but often don't want to make the effort. Chasing the almighty dollar is more important.

I feel your pain.

@Jim this should brighten your day

Wow (video).

On the flip side

Remember shcools now teach there is no right and wrong. Respect, decency, good morals for the most part, are not only not taught but ridiculed, across all ethnicities. Society is degenerating into chaos. There is a lot to be said for the “old school” values.

It all begins in the home, and always has.

It is not just the youth. It is a lot of adults also
We own our RV lot and in one front corner I have a small flowering shrub that one of my daughters gave me for a birthday present.
Many dog owners didn't hesitate to let their dogs use it, and it was turning brown so two years ago I put a small sign in front of it (a white circle with a black dogs head and a angle line through it and under it "NOT HERE")
You wouldn't believe the ADULTS that will still stand there holding their dogs leash letting the dog spray the shrub

Jack L

I would rig a water sprayer that you can turn on with a remote. Once the violation starts, let the cleansing begin.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back