Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
2020 is rapidly approaching, what are your dreams for MODS to your coach in 2020?

Mine are:
  • Add muffler to OASIS exhaust already have one :(
  • Redo all boogey light LED power supply wiring to auto reset breakers each on a dedicated 12V source
  • Verify and or replace the mov-a-bolt in my entry door to not require a slam to get it to the fully closed position
  • Pantry and closet LED lighting activated by a door switch
  • Redo my basement shelving (shelves in now are temp done while on travel)
I've greatly enjoyed doing mods and making my coach my own. It has really helped me further enjoy and appreciate my coach and improved the RV lifestyle for me thus far.

Last edited:
I can hardly keep up with the list you folks keep creating for me. :ROFLMAO:
  • Install new dash cam that arrives today
  • Add quick couplers to the SaniCon hose and spare
  • Replace outside shower valve in wet bay
  • Put smoke detectors in the storage bays
  • Replace TV cable splitters
  • Replace kitchen and bathroom faucets with satin finish, no-smudge ones
  • New mattress for the bed (a LadyDi addition to the list)
I gotta rest for a minute; I'm already getting tired. :rolleyes:

TJ

Last edited:
WIFI replacement to begin the smart bus upgrade

I think when I got a new coach I bought a years worth of projects, many I had done to the old one?
  • Install Magna Shade
  • Install BMK
  • Install Radiator Latches
  • Terminate Cable Splitters
  • Figure out how display pictures on front TV-had done this on previous coach
  • Add Quick connectors to Sanicon-Thanks TJ
  • Improve Fire Protection adding Proteng/Smoke detectors/Fire Extinguishers
    Add remote switch for driver’s window

Last edited:
RetroBands, Magna Shades, basement shelving even with the bottom of the frame rails, finding a black chrome door nob set for the half bath, radiator latches ala Dutch Star Don, chrome door entry lock assembly, finish covering shelves with Newmar tan material, additional USB outlets, change out "vampire bite" outlets on high amp demand circuits, quick disconnects for water softener, fill hose, and external filters, swap out headlight bulbs ala Red Baron....

Just took my old coach in yesterday for consignment...I did a lot of mods and improvements, most stayed with the coach. A bit bittersweet. So I am coachless until we pick up the New Aire in Nappanee on February 17th...but already planning mods for the new coach.

Wetbay
  • Install whole-coach Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration system
  • Replace wetbay shower with hot/cold water spigots
  • Install a diverter and before the wetbay hot water spigot followed by a check valve to send hot water directly to the black tank rinse, allowing me to rinse black with the flip of a valve.
  • Install See-Level Tank Monitoring System. Would like to have monitors both inside coach and outside in wetbay panel
I'm carefully planning this all out as I want to try and tackle it all in one go. There's so little room in my wetbay that installing the RO system is going to require creating a custom panel and moving some things around - which is fine with me, as I think Newmar did a terrible job in the VTDP's wetbay. While I'm in there, I'm also going to see if I can figure out a way to install a gray tank rinse.

Lectronics
  • Replace Voyager Backup Camera and Sony Stereo with Alpine Halo9 receiver (or another CarPlay compatible receiver with a 9"+ screen)
  • Install iPad into dash where Voyager DashCam was previously located
  • Setup a Plex Media Server and add Apple TVs to living room and bedroom
Kitchen
  • Replace Whirlpool Convection Microwave with 30" externally vented range hood so that we can actually see what we're cooking on the stove top. Will probably let Newmar do this when we're back in Indiana in August timeframe as it will require trimming the cabinetry overhang to the left of the convection oven and refinishing behind and to the right of it. Not sold on this yet, started a thread to get thoughts on it (Replacing Convection Oven w/ Range Hood - bad idea?).

Last edited:
Sounds like @MapNerd will be very busy. Hope you can find time to enjoy that new coach?

Sounds like @MapNerd will be very busy. Hope you can find time to enjoy that new coach?
Note that the thread title is “What MODS do you want to do in 2020”. If this were about what I was actually going to get accomplished, it would probably just be one bullet point of changing my tire pressure when I check weights. Also, I dont mind paying someone else to do something if they can do it better than me or I can’t be bothered to do it. Opportunity has a cost. The electronics will all be done by an audio shop and the kitchen probably by Newmar as long as the costs are reasonable.

Staring the new year putting an outlet for the dyson in the back closet tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Latest resources

Back