Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What was your favorite RV rally to date?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Of all the rallies you've attended in your RV which is your favorite? Feel free to list out the rallies you've attended but the ultimate question is what was your favorite? Would you go again?

Favorite: FMCA Perry, GA 2018
Worst: iRV2 Rally in Branson, MO (small, few commercial vendors, terrible venue)
Others Attended:
  • Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK) International in Sedalia, MO - great being among many Newmars (my current brand)
  • NKK Virginia Wheels event - weather was terrible, I got stuck and had to get towed out of the grass (9 inches of rain recently) so I did not have fun!
  • RV Fantasy Tours - Oshkosh Airshow. Airshow was great, RV Fantasy Tours was too expensive and a failure. Small but good group
  • NKK - Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - great event great time
  • NKK - Quartzsite - great location but I didn't particularly enjoy the event itself and I was raising a new puppy so no sleep for me!
  • Caravan with Passport America - Rockies Tour. 34 days, great first real camping trip for me. Loved it in hindsight, I was overwhelmed with learning my first and new Class A Motorhome

I've only been to the NKK Tampa RV Supershow Rally - 3x. I enjoy watching all the Newmars pulling in and setting up - lots of money in that field when said and done. I also like the RV show.

Haven’t done a lot of rallies, none outside of NKK.

Fiesta in the Keys-2018, this was first one and wasn’t sure we would like. Turned out great experience.
Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta-2019, always wanted to go, great venue, great people. Favorite attended
Arizona State Rally-2019, small group of great good people. This rally ended up costing a lot $, new coach purchased
Calgary Stampede-2020 Cancelled, I think this would of been my favorite

Still new to all this.
Did do Va. Wheels Rally last September, met some great folks & had a lot of fun!
Tampa Super RV Show was my first NKK Rally! Had a lot of fun!
But, my Newmar friends caused me to spend a fair amount of money, when I bought a new "Cricket"! Love that little critter, & it comes apart & fits nicely in the back of DW's GMC Terrain!
Had plans to go to the International this year, but as you know, "COVID" put an end to that!
Definitely going to the International next year, but driving up to W. Va. from our new home in Florida will make it a substantially longer trip! However, that's why these beautiful coaches have "wheels"!!
We have grown to love the RV life, the friends we've made & the fun travel destinations too!(y)

#1 - Hoots 2019 (Muskegon, MI) - our second Hoots event, knew a bunch more people and participated in more activities. Lots of fun!
#2 - Hoots 2018 (Grapevine, TX) - we lucked into a spot just a week before the event (and two months after we bought our Ventana) that had been sold out for about 8 months. A very welcoming, informative group of people who made our new Newmar life something special.
#3 - NKK Tampa Supershow, 2020 - great event, made new friends.
#4 - NKK International 2020 - canceled
#5 - Freightliner 2020 Spearfish, SD (with Camp Newmar) - canceled

We're really looking forward to Hoots 2020 in Spearfish this September. Even if it's canceled, we're going!

@Neal ... I think I read you were going to the Hoots gathering at Hilton Head this year. Will be interested in your experience. Hopefully you took some SWAG with you. We went to the one last year in Sevierville and really enjoyed it but couldn't make this year's event. I am sure @GlampDaddy and maybe some others will be there.

FLSteve :unsure:

@Neal ... I think I read you were going to the Hoots gathering at Hilton Head this year. Will be interested in your experience. Hopefully you took some SWAG with you. We went to the one last year in Sevierville and really enjoyed it but couldn't make this year's event. I am sure @GlampDaddy and maybe some others will be there.

FLSteve :unsure:
I'm at Hoots @FLSteve, thank you for the message and Steve H. just tracked me down during the coach stroll and passed your message. Sorry you couldn't make it, hope to meet you at a future event in person. SWAG is going out, even put a RVF Koozie on Casey Tubman's water, I mean, I can't let him have a water go hot! Good to meet and chat a little with him as well.

I'll report back probably at the end of the week. @GlampDaddy made an amazing brisket and his wings for the coach stroll were tops. All going great, weather this week is amazing here at Hilton Head National RV Resort. Great location.

@Neal ... thanks for the interim update. So ... its Monday and Casey is already there. That's great and shows his (Newmar's) commitment to its customer base. Just curious ... is he staying in a coach at the rally? Look forward to hearing your report at the end of the week. Glad Steve H was able to look you up. I do remember all the great food from last year's coach stroll ... that's almost worth the trip in itself.

FLSteve (y)

PS ... here is the picture from last year's event (me in the red circle).

RidgeNewmars01.jpg

It was good chatting with Casey in my new King Aire. I've been hauling stuff over to his site but he won't seem to get out of my coach! I told him the Ventana even has a half tank of gas and I just vacuumed the dog hair. And I'll get the dog by the end of the week :)

Great pic, I have to check the rules and see if I can launch the fleet of drones to get a pic.

All I know is RVing with @GlampDaddy is costing me a fortune. Dick's sporting goods yesterday for golf prep and a new driver today after I tried to excavate the driving range in practice yesterday with my former driver and the club head launched for the forest. Gopher survived, driver club head was never found. I'm afraid for tomorrow!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back