Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If you recall my recent post whether the Dutch Stars had the rear cross member at the top? I just met that couple and hope Ross and Yvonne will be joining us soon. Gorgeous brand new Dutch Star but has its share of paint and various issues which are being handled. Was interesting to hear the story on the rear cross member in how it went to paint to have something touched up and they painted right over top of the rear view camera. So that got replaced but it's amazing.

Okay, let's play a game, can you figure out what's wrong here? This is their DSDP...the issues are not only with Newmar it seems. Find the problem...

IMG_4049.JPG

If you recall my recent post whether the Dutch Stars had the rear cross member at the top? I just met that couple and hope Ross and Yvonne will be joining us soon. Gorgeous brand new Dutch Star but has its share of paint and various issues which are being handled. Was interesting to hear the story on the rear cross member in how it went to paint to have something touched up and they painted right over top of the rear view camera. So that got replaced but it's amazing.

Okay, let's play a game, can you figure out what's wrong here? This is their DSDP...the issues are not only with Newmar it seems. Find the problem...

View attachment 13320
Imitation chrome is coming off the latch?

On my DS the latches are painted to match the pattern

So far wrong answer

You mean it was not the answer you are looking for.

Could it be that the person taking the picture has no feet displayed due to the 1st chrome strip being bent at the top edge? The other chrome strips are flat at the top.

No break on the top of the SS trim

edit: the tool/machine that is used to bend sheet metal is a sheet metal brake. Therefore, the bend we are referring to is probably spelled "brake". dang english

Last edited:
Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

Correct answer. One of the doors has no bevel on top of the SS. All others are beveled as expected.

That indicates a simple lack of givadamn on the part of Newmar production IMO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back