Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What's wrong with this picture?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
And we wonder why we can't get service on our RV's? And coaches at this price point pay how much? So yeah, it pays to not work and get paid by the government, it seems.

Source: Facebook feed

marathon.png

Another one:

marathon2.png

And have you seen the electrical quality of Newell and Marathon? Makes me sick to see how poorly these things are wired.

Made me feel a lot better about my lowly newmar.

I can’t speak for marathon but getting techs anywhere is extraordinarily difficult even at nirvc. I am not an electrician or an engineer but I have a lot of confidence in Marathon and or Newell converting a bus or building a coach into a motorhome. I would encourage anyone to go take a tour and decide for yourself. To each their own.

1641250706196.jpeg

Gaffney for FL service is $149/hr? Can't confirm. Newmar: $140/hr (Jan 1 - Mar 31 they offer a winter rate at $115/hr)

Not that good at math but it seems like we are missing about $100.00 hour.

If you're having a hard time hiring you may want to look at your offering. Attractive jobs find good people. These pay rates are insulting for a company with these revenues. There are more postings appearing. They are also looking for an interior designer. Did all of their staff just leave at the end of the year?

And have you seen the electrical quality of Newell and Marathon? Makes me sick to see how poorly these things are wired.

Made me feel a lot better about my lowly newmar.
IMG_8150.JPG

This is the picture that made my head spin. This is a new Newell under construction. This area is hidden by a large TV once done and is above the driver.

Look at how many ac outlets are there just for Ac to DC conversion.

I understand that there are a lot of components, and lots of demand. I also understand that it's a lot more organized than some areas of newmar.

What I don't understand is why aren't they using a power bus for DC off the 12v bank, and organized based on demand.

How do they expect the wall warts to behave when bouncing on America's highways?

Why does a $1M + coach have audio cables running parallel with AC power lines? Sure they can add a noise filter later, but why not eliminate the problem.

All of these questions are answered by post #1.

I researched Newmar jobs but couldn't see wage offerings. Was hoping for a comparison of what an entry level tech is making to compare to what MC is listing.

Seems a good thread to drop a couple of on topic phrases from my “Things to Live By” log…

• If you run a business and your employees make more on unemployment than they do at work, you’re not a job creator, you’re a poverty exploiter

• You aren’t paid according to how hard you work. You are paid according to how hard your employer thinks you are to replace
Seems some of these employers might not have heard these things before.

Some folks often complain that people don’t want to work anymore. I don’t buy it. I think that in the vast majority of cases, people do want to work. This is something that is bred into Americans. Work hard. Be honest. Make good decisions and the world is yours. But there seems to be a severe wage shortage today that is much worse than any talent shortage.

And we wonder why we can't get service on our RV's? And coaches at this price point pay how much? So yeah, it pays to not work and get paid by the government, it seems.

Source: Facebook feed

View attachment 10339
Wow!! Fortunately I am able to do a lot when it comes to the maintenance and repairs of my own DP. From interior to exterior including engine. I used to charge $ 30.00 per hr. To weedeat when I was in business for myself. As the slogan goes, you get what you pay for.

Latest resources

Back