Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Where can I get my RV washed while on the road.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rbjewell

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Airstream
RV Model
Pottery Barn Edition
RV Length
28'
Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
This may seem like a silly question but my wife likes a clean rig and I don't want to wash it while on the road. Do truck stops have drive thru's that will wash and spray? Or do people drive around with dirty rigs till it rains? :)
The inside is spotless but the outside is not, help!

Some people will use Blue Beacon located at truck stops. I personally don’t, I will try and find a mobile wash service at an RV park we are staying at or wash myself.

Have to be very careful with your paint per Newmar such as no brushes (broom type scrubbers). I'm scared of truck/rv washes so I like @NWIP do it myself as I carry a nice yet compact pressure washer or ask at campgrounds if they have someone that washes RV's but the first thing I ask is "do you use brushes or microfiber type mop heads"?

If you want to do it yourself but don't want to go all out on a pressure washer and DI rinse setup then I highly recommend this stuff:

Wash Wax All by Aero Cosmetics

I’d be really careful going to truck washes. They use very high pressure hoses and can damage your paint. Even worse is the brushes mitts wash tools are often dirty and they can scratch up your paint pretty good with the road grime salt etc layered into those tools. It pays to invest in a portable pressure washer and a DI rinse tank and do it yourself and you will be happy with the results. Just my .02.

Have to be very careful with your paint per Newmar such as no brushes (broom type scrubbers). I'm scared of truck/rv washes so I like @NWIP do it myself as I carry a nice yet compact pressure washer or ask at campgrounds if they have someone that washes RV's but the first thing I ask is "do you use brushes or microfiber type mop heads"?

If you want to do it yourself but don't want to go all out on a pressure washer and DI rinse setup then I highly recommend this stuff:

Wash Wax All by Aero Cosmetics

Since I am new to this will campgrounds allow me to wash the rv while camping. I wasn't sure and really never asked.

I have used Blue Beacon in the past requesting no brushes. But it is very hard on the paint. They use harsh chemicals to clean the grime off.
Currently, I wait until I get back to storage and do it myself. Much happier with the results.
Many times if you are at a campground and ask, they have a recommendation.

When traveling I have mostly am concerned about the bugs on the front of the RV. The rest of the RV does not seem to get that dirty unless it is raining. To help with the bugs I use furniture polish after cleaning. Then when going down the road I use the furniture polish to get rid of the bugs, usually while I am refueling. I carry my own extended soft bristle brush to scrub them off then wrap the brush with a micro fiber cloth to finish.

No brushes of any kind for us; just lamb’s wool pads. We carry them in the coach, along with an extendable pole and a small pressure washer. We’ll also ask the local park management if they know of a trusted mobile coach detailer in the area, but before we hire them, we have a discussion about what tools they use. Anything but lamb’s wool pads is a no-go.

Fortunately, we have an excellent detailer in the area where we spend a lot of time, so have someone available that fits our criteria.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back