Beyond 22c li3
RV Length
Chassis
Ford Transit 350 awd
Engine
Eco boost
Fulltimer
No
For going on 2 years motor home manufacturers have not been able to meet demand. Due to supply chain shortages ranging from chips unavailable for appliances & operating systems to limited availability of chassis. The B market got a double whammy from FedEx, UPS & Rental CO’s taking a major portion of Mercede Sprinters, Ford Transits and Dodge Max. Almost every upper end B that hits the dealer lot has a customer name on it. Where are the two years of B owners?
A year ago the wife and I decided to return to RVing after a few years off. Our last coach was a Itasca Horizon DP with a Ford Explorer toad. It would be a dream to take that package on the road again. Age and physical disability won’t allow me to safely handle it. After owning 9 class A motor homes we knew a B van would offer a number of challenges. We found acceptable build quality fit & finish in a few upper end coaches. However, not only is limited space a challenge but the functionality and operation of the new systems and technology is staggering to an old guy who’s mobile is a flip phone that I only talks on it.
I started researching these high tech B’s with full lithium battery power, no generator, Truma furnace/water heater and a half dozen control panels all digital computerized no analog. I tried some forums asking for input from B coach owners. I got a few much appreciated replies from class A and trailer owners that were knowledgeable on the lithium battery or appliances in question, but no reply from any B owners that have actual experience in actual day to day operation of these new high tech B coaches. For 2 years almost every one of these coaches have been pre sold and there is a 6 month to a year waiting list. I guess those new owners are on the road enjoying their new coach. I got mine a few days ago, as soon as I can figure out how to operate it We will join them. We’ll be looking for you on the road.
PS
Still would like to hear from some High Tech B coach owners. How is it working out. Can you actually stay out a couple of days boon docking?

Attachments

• 4118C33E-08D1-4FCD-9F01-256488386FDD.jpeg
    4118C33E-08D1-4FCD-9F01-256488386FDD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
My neighbors have one (Leisure Travel) and we travel togther a couple tiems per year on shorter trips, 4-7 days or so. But right now they are on a 4000+ mile junket to Houston and back, taking their time and the back roads. So pretty much the same as us. But clearly they can go to a lot of smaller parks thst are not an option for us. Keeps me thinking about downsizing in a few years. And of course Ive always thought a B would make a splendid toad behind an Essex or London Aire.....:geek:

My neighbors have one (Leisure Travel) and we travel togther a couple tiems per year on shorter trips, 4-7 days or so. But right now they are on a 4000+ mile junket to Houston and back, taking their time and the back roads. So pretty much the same as us. But clearly they can go to a lot of smaller parks thst are not an option for us. Keeps me thinking about downsizing in a few years. And of course Ive always thought a B would make a splendid toad behind an Essex or London Aire.....:geek:
Trust me. Down sizing is tough. I have spent 2 solid weeks filling up nooks and crannies. I have managed to squeeze in 2 nice camp chairs and a really neat 2 person pop up screened mosquito tent I found on Amazon. We like camping in the south where the mosquitoes are so big we could use chicken wire to keep them out but it’s to hard to handle in camper. We just survived 3 straight nights of 14 to 20 degrees unwinterized but plugged in to 30 amps. This Truma furnace/water heater system is great. Can’t wait to get this rig on the road.

Looks nice. Have you thought about towing a small cargo trailer for storage? I’m sure there is a size out there to fit your needs. Enjoy.
For going on 2 years motor home manufacturers have not been able to meet demand. Due to supply chain shortages ranging from chips unavailable for appliances & operating systems to limited availability of chassis. The B market got a double whammy from FedEx, UPS & Rental CO’s taking a major portion of Mercede Sprinters, Ford Transits and Dodge Max. Almost every upper end B that hits the dealer lot has a customer name on it. Where are the two years of B owners?
A year ago the wife and I decided to return to RVing after a few years off. Our last coach was a Itasca Horizon DP with a Ford Explorer toad. It would be a dream to take that package on the road again. Age and physical disability won’t allow me to safely handle it. After owning 9 class A motor homes we knew a B van would offer a number of challenges. We found acceptable build quality fit & finish in a few upper end coaches. However, not only is limited space a challenge but the functionality and operation of the new systems and technology is staggering to an old guy who’s mobile is a flip phone that I only talks on it.
I started researching these high tech B’s with full lithium battery power, no generator, Truma furnace/water heater and a half dozen control panels all digital computerized no analog. I tried some forums asking for input from B coach owners. I got a few much appreciated replies from class A and trailer owners that were knowledgeable on the lithium battery or appliances in question, but no reply from any B owners that have actual experience in actual day to day operation of these new high tech B coaches. For 2 years almost every one of these coaches have been pre sold and there is a 6 month to a year waiting list. I guess those new owners are on the road enjoying their new coach. I got mine a few days ago, as soon as I can figure out how to operate it We will join them. We’ll be looking for you on the road.
PS
Still would like to hear from some High Tech B coach owners. How is it working out. Can you actually stay out a couple of days boon docking

There is a website called The Fit RV (The Fit RV) that you might find interesting. James used to be a rocket scientist who now does a lot of traveling in their latest class B. Lots or in-depth reviews, mods and storage suggestions.

Thank you.
There is a website called The Fit RV (The Fit RV) that you might find interesting. James used to be a rocket scientist who now does a lot of traveling in their latest class B. Lots or in-depth reviews, mods and storage suggestions.
Thank you I will take a look.

I took look. James has a B+ or a small C, that’s a different animal. Thanks again for the reply. I’m sure he will have some ideas that we can use.

PS
Still would like to hear from some High Tech B coach owners. How is it working out. Can you actually stay out a couple of days boon docking?
Our 2022 nova li3 is being delivered today. At 75 yrs old I too will strugle to understand this set up. Good luck and I'll see you out there.....

Our 2022 nova li3 is being delivered today. At 75 yrs old I too will strugle to understand this set up. Good luck and I'll see you out there.....
Your going to love the coach. Your nova will have the same solid wood interior, li3 and Truma furnace as our beyond 22c li3. Hopefully your dealer will do a good PDI and give you a detailed walk thru at delivery. In order to get one in under 8-10 months we had to buy 800 miles away and had it delivered sight unseen with no walk thru. The learning curve is steep. Fortunately Coachmen does a good job building and all the systems work as designed. Coachmen has a very sharp customer service department. The 2 young men I have talked to are very knowledgeable on the systems and were more than willing to patently walk me thru any problems I encountered. After owning 9 class A motor homes and spending over 45 years in the rv and boat business I have a critical eye for craftsmanship and this Coach is more than acceptable. What part of the country are you in? Maybe we can meet somewhere sometime. Enjoy

Latest resources

Back