Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
We attempted to change the summer loop pump today and we failed.
  • We started by taking the front cover off the oasis facing the bay door and there was nothing that looked like the summer pump replacement.
  • We then went around to the other side and crawled in and took the carpeted panel at the end of the bay to get access and it appears the cover is riveted there.
  • We then went back around and attempted to see if we could access from the slide bay and we even tried to remove the panel there and that panel is solidly fastened with silicone.

At that point, we stopped because I was under the impression that this was a simple change out. Can anyone enlighten me how to do this?

Yes...the Oasis Unit has the burner, electric elements, and heats the transfer fluid. It then is routed to a separate distribution unit.

In the bay just forward of the pegboard...remove the back carpeted bulkhead. You will see the distribution unit there. If you remove the front cover...you will have access to the three loop pumps. If you have a slide tray in that compartment...it makes life a bit more difficult.

@sheridany ,
It sounds like you are working with the main burner cabinet. You need to find the distribution module where the pump is located. In my DS, it is located on the PS side of the coach behind the slide out tray in the compartment in front of the peg board. I have to pull out the slide out and then enter from the compartment in front of the slide out tray compartment. There is a felt covered board in front of the module that can be removed easily. You then simply remove the cover of the distribution module. The summer loop pump is the pump on the left as you look at the module.
8A3B54FD-1B2A-4E14-916F-4188B756C77D.jpeg

Make sure you crimp the hose going into the old pump before you break the hose loose or you will lose a bunch of fluid and have a real mess. Those hoses are sometimes tough to get back on the new pump. Take a towel in there with you to gather the little fluid you should lose.

Here are a couple of pictures taken from the PS The back of the main burner is on the right. The distribution module on the left with white writing.
F92D2603-DE64-4F06-8247-A5DAD2E9BC7E.jpeg
FDD9B945-DDC4-413F-8777-46481E03DC50.jpeg

One trick to help with access if you have slideout trays is to (1) in the passenger-side compartment just ahead of the pegboard bay, pull the sliding tray out as far as you can, (2) in the pass-through bay just ahead of that compartment, pull that slide tray out on the passenger side as far as it will go, and (3) enter the pass-through compartment from the driver side and angle your body around behind the distribution module compartment. Use an old quilt or other padding to cover the slide tray rails. That's how the tech at Guaranty RV accessed our coach to replace the summer loop pump. I watched, but did not assist! :ROFLMAO:

And, before following the above access suggestions, place a more-than-adequate supply of your favorite adult beverage in the cooler for when the job is done. If you work like I do, lay out 2-3 large Band-Aids where they are easily accessible and wear some kind of hat to protect the old melon!

TJ

Last edited:
If you work like I do, lay out 2-3 large Band-Aids where they are easily accessible and wear some kind of hat to protect the old melon!
Ain’t that the truth!

Thank you all for your your guidance. We are going to try again next weekend. Hopefully this time it will be a success.

We are at it again. The instructions say purging may be required. What’s the process to do that?

We are at it again. The instructions say purging may be required. What’s the process to do that?

If you clamp off the rubber line going to the pump so that your fluid loss is minimal you should not need to purge the system. Done right you should lose only a couple of ounces of fluid.
There are procedures on YouTube for purging but you should be fine.

Latest resources

Back