Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where should I RV shop in Northern Virginia?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mlauriano

RVF Newbee
Hi, I live in New York City and plan to RV shop near Woodbridge, Virginia late July. Any suggestions on where to go?
I thought there was a place in Manassas but the dealer does not have stock.

There’s McGeorge’s RV (now camping world), in Ashland VA. About a hour south of Woodbridge. There is also a camping world in Manassas, but I’ve never been there.

I’d steer clear of both of those places. What kind of unit are you looking for?

Do not go to McGeorge's other than to look at their inventory. "Use them" for that and only that, go somewhere else to buy or discuss in depth with sales. I bought from McGeorge's and it's the absolute worst operation out there.

What type "RV" are you looking for? Travel trailer, 5th Wheel, Class "B". Class "C", or Class "A" motor coach?
Inventories are low, prices are higher, for both "New" & "Previously Owned"!
Don't be afraid to travel, in order to find what you want.
And I would suggest looking on "RV Trader" to view different types, models, makes, & sizes.
www.rvtrader.com

Our son-in-law & daughter bought a fifth wheel brand new from General RV. They are not happy.
My wife and I bought a used class C from McGeorge and are happy with the sale. We haven't used them for any service.
We dealt with Donnie, a salesman who's been there long before Camping World took over. He was cool.

My salesman at McGeorge was great. He retired prior to my delivery as the company was changing over to Camping World. Getting service to even answer a phone would be a victory. Terrible service staff that couldn't care less. They are too big on the sales side where the service side can't handle it, even closely.

No matter where you purchase, we can help with any finance needs. We can help with a purchase from a dealer or private party. Also, in state or out of state, no difference to us.
Thank you,
Ken

Do not go to McGeorge's other than to look at their inventory. "Use them" for that and only that, go somewhere else to buy or discuss in depth with sales. I bought from McGeorge's and it's the absolute worst operation out there.
Other than they didn’t tell you that you could order from the factory with specials, what else was so terrible @Neal? I’ve been there twice since they were acquired by CW, once to diagnose and repair a failed O-ring on an AFO install which they did for free, and another time I just asked them if we could park there while we ran into Richmond for a bite and some exploring. Both times they were totally fine.

Last edited:
Nevermind, just saw your post above. Idk. I have had good experiences with them so far. The AFO failure we just dropped in on them unexpected without any kind of call ahead and they jumped on it right away and had us fixed up within a couple of hours.

Latest resources

Back