Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

John10ey

RVF Regular
2012 RT Chevy 3500. Need new shocks and I see strong recommendations for Bilstein shocks. My mechanic said for me to buy online and he would install for $150. Three questions: Where did you buy your Bilstein shocks? Did you do both front and back? Is $150 a reasonable cost for installing?

Go online google Bilstein shocks, or on ebay???
As far as installation? $150 I’d say for me it’s worth it! I don’t like working on vehicles anymore!!

Buy on line and if one goes bad, where do you go. Go to a major parts store and it's warranted nation wide. Just saying

Buy on line and if one goes bad, where do you go. Go to a major parts store and it's warranted nation wide. Just saying
Your purchases are protected just like going to an auto parts store! Whether you use a credit card or pay pal, Venmo! They all have purchase protection!

Go online google Bilstein shocks, or on ebay???
As far as installation? $150 I’d say for me it’s worth it! I don’t like working on vehicles anymore!!
As I explore online options I find I have no idea which Bilstein shock to order. I called one vendor, Tire Rack, and the salesperson wasn't sure the shock identified for the 2012 Chevy 3500 would be the right ones for an RV. If you have installed Bilsteins on a RT Popular (or similar) could you send the Bilstein part number? This is more confusing that I thought it would be. Thanks, John

2012 RT Chevy 3500. Need new shocks and I see strong recommendations for Bilstein shocks. My mechanic said for me to buy online and he would install for $150. Three questions: Where did you buy your Bilstein shocks? Did you do both front and back? Is $150 a reasonable cost for installing?
For other newbies: Bilstein makes specific shocks for RVs and you can get the parts numbers if you call or email them. I found that for my RV the part numbers are 24-187435 24-221948. Thanks to all those who offered advice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back