Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Whirlpool washer spin cycle ineffective?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Buly

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Here is a new one: DW noticed that the clothes are soaking wet after the wash was over. And we made that the spin cycle worked?
No idea how everything could be so wet after all the spinning. And it is something new. For 3 years it was fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

I'm no expert but I think your wash cycle did not go into High Speed Spin. I would open the door at end of cycle and redistribute the clothes, grab the drum and move it around. I think this is caused by an out of balance situation so the machine is programmed not to go into high speed spin if it's too far out of balance. Just my hunch.

Neal, you are right. But Doris tried It with a single light item, and the machine did not go in high spin mode. The pump works and there is no water puddling. I’m thinking the circuit control board may be faulty?
our next stop is OK City. We’ll try getting a technician to come and look at it.

I think you're headed to wasting your money. The washer and dryer has to come out for a tech to get to the board which is on top of the washer. Then you have to find one, order one, pull it all out weeks later and replace (been there done that). First try turning off the breaker for a minute then turn it back on. Do a "normal" load of laundry, not one item that again is an out of balance scenario. See what happens. No charge :)

If you want to try something on your own, remove the spring tensioned ring around the rubber liner so you can get behind it to the door lock switch on the right. Remove the door lock and put a few washers on the back side to bump it out per @J&JD advice to me. This is not easy to do as the washers will want to fall, maybe pull the door lock and tack them with glue (fast drying, silicone, whatever) then reinstall. What you're trying to do is push the door lock switch slightly further from the door latch so it's under more tension when locked. Retry the load. Again. No charge.

Thank yo Neal. I will try all that.?

@Buly We've has a similar issue with our Whirlpool Washer. In our case it appears the "suds detector" was sensing too much suds and keeping the machine from going into high speed spin. We were using Tide pods at the time. Ran the washer with nothing in it and no detergent and observed a good bit of suds during that run. Changed to using a small amount i.e. ~teaspoon of Tide liquid detergent & turned on second rinse. All seemed to work fine. Have since gone back to Tide pods and leaving second rinse on & still working fine. Had some folks recommend Splendide powder detergent but have not switched so no first hand experience with it. Also adjusted process to reduce the towel load size a bit. Long story longer, reduced soap & second rinse & a bit of a load adjustment seems to have fixed our no high speed spin issue.

I recently turned on the "Tumble Fresh" mode whereas after the wash is done, the machine every so often spins the drum forwards/backwards so that the clothes aren't all clumped together. One of the side effects that I noticed is that the clothes come out of the washing machine much dryer.

While it sounds like you may have a different issue, you may want to try the "Tumble Fresh" mode and see if it helps.

I used to use pods, now don't, I don't think it matters. Speaking solely of myself, we Americans (me) are man of excess. I eat too much, I put too much Tide in the washer, too much Downy softener, I feed my dog too much...you get it. Most of us are probably putting too many pods in these mini washers and/or too much detergent if liquid so we can all learn from that and reduce that if experiencing problems.

Did you know of these things for washer cleaning? I do this monthly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C91Q86I/?tag=rvf01-20

I believe Tide Pods are best used in full size washing machines. I would try a normal size load without any "heavy"item that would unbalance the load, and no detergent. If that clears your problem, start using a liquid HD detergent, in an amount for small washers, approximately 1/3 that of full size washers. You have nothing to lose by trying it.
Bob

Thank you Bob. After digging into the manual, I found couple of things she was doing wrong.
She never used the detergent dispenser ( never knew it was there) on top left. She just put it directly inside the washer. It is a no no.
Washer is supposed to be cleaned monthly with bleach. Never did it. I did it yesterday and she did a light test load with extended spin mode, and looked fine? Will see how it works later?
BTW we switched some time ago to Splendid powder detergent .

Latest resources

Back