Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
We are beyond tired of being snowed in during the winter, so we have been looking for an RV lot to call home somewhere in Florida. And we found a super place at the Wilderness RV Resort in Silver Springs.

So we made the 500 mile trip and wow, what a neat place this is. The lot is one of the larger lots in the park, and the easements on the side and back guarantee that it will always have plenty of room between us and the neighbors. The last two pictures are of the HUGE fenced in dog park not far from us, and just a little ways down from there is access to the river. Not sure which one, but it's very nice. Boating, fishing and a place to just hang out on a small beach. Very nice!

We are excited to have found such a neat place to spend the upcoming winters. And it's strategically placed between where our sons and grandchildren are at. (Pensacola, Orlando and Stuart.) It's been a fun day and we're really looking to when we can get back here and put our own touches on it. Good times ahead!

DSCN0736.JPG

DSCN0735.JPG

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0691.JPG

DSCN0694.JPG

DSCN0728.JPG

DSCN0725.JPG

DSCN0739.JPG

DSCN0738.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0726.JPG
    DSCN0726.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
am I seeing enough room for some guest pads?

That site is huge - congrats

@Jim ... great find. So is the lot currently all grass and you will add whatever improvements you want yourself? If you did not do anything to it ... could you camp on it as is?

FLSteve :unsure:

@Jim ... great find. So is the lot currently all grass and you will add whatever improvements you want yourself? If you did not do anything to it ... could you camp on it as is?

FLSteve :unsure:

Sorry Steve, I guess I didn't do a very good job defining the boundaries. I was tired, long day driving and then pretty excited when we saw the place. I just didn't do a very good job describing the site. Anyway, this might clear it up.

The first 2 pictures show the site from the rear, with the sellers 5th Wheel sitting on the pad. There is a 16'x32' covered deck next to it with seating, BBQ, sink, etc. The white line defines the property lines. The 3rd picture shows the site from the front, with the large easement to the left of the property line. So nothing will be developed in the easement, which makes it nice for my site.

The small building, also in the 3rd picture, is a 12'X14' storage building with 80 amp service and water connection. So part of this will become a bathroom/shower and the rest of it will become an air conditioned area with Murphy bed and TV on the wall. Fortunately the sewer line for the toilet and shower is very simple and many of the current residents have done this same conversion with great results.

The last picture shows the site's property lines, in white, and the easement area in red.

Lot.png

boundries.png

left side.png

easemet .png

Thanks @Jim ... after reading the above post it's now "crystal clear". A great Florida find.

FLSteve :cool:

Just a few minutes ago we received an email from the main office. Apparently Elvis, the resident Alligator, has left his normal digs in the pond and has started wandering around the park.

One of the lot owners came home and found "Elvis" sitting in the middle of his RV pad. Some gentle prodding with a rake, and Elvis has headed down the road, presumably toward the pond.

If anyone should see Elvis, it is advised not to interrupt his progress, and to instead call the office who is trying to contact the nuisance Alligator people.

We have a resident alligator! lol, who knew?

Just don't get any ideas about having an Elvis JR on the pond at Deer Springs.

Latest resources

Back