Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Windshield replacement with RV Glass Solutions?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Anyone have experience with RV Glass Solutions (a subsidiary of Coach Glass) for a windshield replacement? We took a nasty rock hit on our way from Washington to Oregon and cracks are running in several directions. Fortunately, the hit was on the passenger side and the cracks have not run over to the driver side.

RV Glass Solutions was recommended to us by a couple of sources and our insurance company also suggested them as qualified to do the replacement. I’m in the process of trying to schedule the replacement to coincide with another appointment we have in the area (Coberg/Junction City, Oregon) To have our Girard awning replaced.

If you have used RV Glass Solutions, what was your experience? Thanks for any input.

TJ

Last edited:
Can't answer your question but I too arrived in south Portland and my small crack has gone bottom to top right from the bottom mid-right of center and a new large crack formed. It seems when a small rock ding hits the bottom portion it's the thinnest area, same as my last windshield starting this way. This time around though I have SAFECO who uses Safelite Solutions who Newmar does not work with. Last time I was with National General who used Duncan and that was easy. This time around it's proving to be an interesting process. I sent the Newmar quote off to liberty for approval, waiting to hear back. If they won't cover Newmars cost ($4500) then I'll have to go back to Safelite to say fine, you replace it with who you want then. Quite frankly I don't care who replaces it after the terrible job Newmar did last time. But I am going to Newmar in September so I prefer to have it done there.

Will be watching how yours works out.

Well, at least, @Neal; that saves me from wondering if we should try to go to Nappanee for the replacement.

Apparently, very few RV repair shops (including Newmar dealers) don’t do their own windshield replacement. From what I can understand, all the RV shops in Western Oregon use RV Glass Solutions. I just talked to them an hour ago and they told me it is a two-day process with some overnight “cure time” between day 1 and day 2.

The Coberg, Oregon, RVGS location apparently does have 50A electric hookups and you can stay in their lot overnight during the replacement. No water or sewer, however, but two days is easy if you arrive with a full water tank and empty holding tanks.

TJ

We have stayed in the lot in Coburg. I believe there are only 4-6 50 amp plugs along the far north of their parking lot. Very clean & safe. However the hookups used to be first come, first serve but don’t know what the status is now. While we have not had a windshield replaced by them we have heard nothing but good things about them. They were going to replace all our exterior windows on our Alpine. However, while sitting in Rv Glass Solutions parking on a Sunday waiting to go in to their shop Monday morning, the DW tricked me into driving over to Guaranty to look at coaches and we came away owners of a 2017 Dutch Star???. Ah, the twists & turns of life.

I used RV Glass Solutions in Oregon a couple years ago after my windshield cracked from a rock. They were great to work with and did great work for me. They have several spots in front with power hookups so get there early in the day to grab a spot for your apt. the next day. I don't remember exactly what the process was but it was a two or three day process (I'm getting senile so please forgive not remembering the exact timeframe of things). The first day they take the coach and do what they do, you can stay in the coach that night in their work bay outside but think but can't put the slide outs out. The second night the slide outs can go out but you can't drive it. The third day you can leave I think mid-day... The only issue I had was the tremendous amount of bird poop that got on my rig from the birds that live in the outside service bay. I did complain about that issue so maybe will have been improved. I have been happy with the install and would go back when that sad moment occurs...

I used them here in VA a number of years ago. They supply the glass and have contracts with installers throughout the US. I had to put a boot in the installer’s rear end to get him to install the glass he’d been sitting on for two weeks, but it all worked out.

Thanks, folks; that’s encouraging news and good tips about getting there early. I will check to see if we can reserve a power spot.

TJ

Anyone have experience with RV Glass Solutions (a subsidiary of Coach Glass) for a windshield replacement? We took a nasty rock hit on our way from Washington to Oregon and cracks are running in several directions. Fortunately, the hit was on the passenger side and the cracks have not run over to the driver side.

RV Glass Solutions was recommended to us by a couple of sources and our insurance company also suggested them as qualified to do the replacement. I’m in the process of trying to schedule the replacement to coincide with another appointment we have in the area (Coberg/Junction City, Oregon) To have our Girard awning replaced.

If you have used RV Glass Solutions, what was your experience? Thanks for any input.

TJ
RV Glass Solutions replaced 2 windshields on our prior coach - once in Coburg, and once in Phoenix. Both were done well with no problems. At the Coburg Location, they did not want the coach moved after glass install and brought out a power cord from inside the shop to plug us in for the night. Don't recall if it was 30 or 50 amp as that was 6 or 7 years ago.

They are the managing my third windshield replacement. I have found them to be responsive and reliable. No issues.

My very first RV (a four-year old Winnebago Forza) had a cracked windshield when we got it. The seller's insurance covered it all and sent us to RV Glass Solutions. We bought it in Florida, but had it fixed in Coburg, Oregon.

When I went for the repair, RV Glass Solutions was above and beyond. Best customer service I can remember. Couldn't say enough great things about the experience.

I arrived in the evening and spent the night in the parking lot. The next afternoon they backed the coach out of their service bay where I could spend the night. It was on cement, covered, and they hooked it up to 50-amp service.

A couple of weeks later I tried to get information from them. I just wanted to know what the cost had been. People had asked on my RV owners' forum if anyone knew the cost and I wanted to share that information.

I tried a couple of times, but I found RV Glass Solutions to be non-cooperative. Go figure! Fabulous experience when I was there, but terrible service later. They wouldn't return my calls (after talking to a person). They said they couldn't find any record that I had ever had work done there, etc.

Latest resources

Back