Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Has anyone installed a small (12-18 bottles) wine cooler in their Newmar DP? We're looking for a better way to properly store wine in the coach when on the road. We have a larger wine cooler for the sticks-and-bricks, and I know they make some smaller units. Now, we just need to find a place to put it. And, as all coach owners know, there isn't any "extra" storage space in these beasts.

If you've found a creative way to do this in your coach, I'd love to see a photo or two.

TJ

Dometic CF-80 stores my wine

Yeah, but that means you have too go outside to get a bottle of wine. :rolleyes:

TJ
No, you could add a water wine pump and water wine pump controller. Easy enough. Contact @Chuggs for wiring instructions.

I'm not sure how small of a cooler you could find that could go in the coach depending where you want to put it. For basement options (aka wine cellar) if you don't have a Dometic cooler you could do the same type of setup but instead with a smaller wine cooler. Just need a 120V outlet which is easy to add as I did my own and then place in basement. Not sure a slideout tray is needed but you could go to the same place I got mine, the provider of Newmar trays, and see what's in their catalog that fits or get a custom one made if that's an option.

No, you could add a water wine pump and water wine pump controller. Easy enough. Contact @Chuggs for wiring instructions.
I should have known this was gonna be an uphill battle. :rolleyes: Maybe it is time to start looking at Newells.;)

TJ

I'm not sure how small of a cooler you could find that could go in the coach depending where you want to put it. For basement options (aka wine cellar) if you don't have a Dometic cooler you could do the same type of setup but instead with a smaller wine cooler. Just need a 120V outlet which is easy to add as I did my own and then place in basement. Not sure a slideout tray is needed but you could go to the same place I got mine, the provider of Newmar trays, and see what's in their catalog that fits or get a custom one made if that's an option.
We do have the CF-80 on a slideout tray, but was hoping to find a way to put a small cooler inside the coach. They make them as small as 6" wide (6 bottles single-stacked) but I was hoping to find space for a 12" wide.

TJ

Stacker trailer could be a cost effective alternative. You could even have it painted "Pinot Express" or some gorgeous vineyard scenery??

Latest resources

Back