Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mortvola

RVF Newbee
We recently purchased a 2021 Leprechaun 260DS (our first RV). It comes with a Winegard 360+ on the roof and, in theory, is prewired for easy installation of the Winegard GW-1000 gateway. The wiring is concealed in the ceiling below the Winegard 360+ by a small circular cover.

I removed the cover from the ceiling and found the three leads to the Winegard 360+ along with a power wire and a ground wire. The ends of the wires were not stripped and were taped together with black electrical tape. The power wire was yellow with a green stripe. I tested the wires with a multimeter and found they had no voltage. I then took some panels off of the surrounding cabinetry in order to figure out where the power wire went. I found the wire entered the cavity above the cabinet that is to the right as one enters the RV. I confirmed it was the same wire using a continuity tester. The wire, for some reason then returns back to whence it came (above the entry door). From there I don’t know where it goes. From the cavity above the cabinet, it doesn’t go to the fuse box nor does it go to the monitor panel. From that cavity it could have easily gone to either but does not.

One thing to note regarding the monitor panel: there is a slot for “wifi” but it is not populated with a switch or light.

Any thoughts regarding where the yellow/green wire might go or why it does not have any voltage?

I tried to get assistance from CoachNet, Winegard and Coachmen. I contacted CoachNet for assistance and, after being on hold for a long time, requested a callback but they never called back. I also contacted Winegard support via their web site and was redirected to “JustAnswer”. A JustAnswer technician contacted me but, after some discussion, suggested that I contact Coachman. I then reached out to a Coachmen service rep (Jason Johnson) but he *never* responded to my request. Service and support apparently SUUUUCKS in the RV industry.

Thanks for any help,

Richard

Sorry to hear of your trouble. We picked up our 2021 Concord in January and it has been in the shop since April. We are on our third trip, we pick it up and return it to them after. Hopefully this next time will be it. We have had several mostly small issues, the main issues is one slide is not closing tight on one side. This was not our first RV but the first new we have purchased. We feel you pain. Hope all is well soon.

We recently purchased a 2021 Leprechaun 260DS (our first RV). It comes with a Winegard 360+ on the roof and, in theory, is prewired for easy installation of the Winegard GW-1000 gateway. The wiring is concealed in the ceiling below the Winegard 360+ by a small circular cover.

I removed the cover from the ceiling and found the three leads to the Winegard 360+ along with a power wire and a ground wire. The ends of the wires were not stripped and were taped together with black electrical tape. The power wire was yellow with a green stripe. I tested the wires with a multimeter and found they had no voltage. I then took some panels off of the surrounding cabinetry in order to figure out where the power wire went. I found the wire entered the cavity above the cabinet that is to the right as one enters the RV. I confirmed it was the same wire using a continuity tester. The wire, for some reason then returns back to whence it came (above the entry door). From there I don’t know where it goes. From the cavity above the cabinet, it doesn’t go to the fuse box nor does it go to the monitor panel. From that cavity it could have easily gone to either but does not.

One thing to note regarding the monitor panel: there is a slot for “wifi” but it is not populated with a switch or light.

Any thoughts regarding where the yellow/green wire might go or why it does not have any voltage?

I tried to get assistance from CoachNet, Winegard and Coachmen. I contacted CoachNet for assistance and, after being on hold for a long time, requested a callback but they never called back. I also contacted Winegard support via their web site and was redirected to “JustAnswer”. A JustAnswer technician contacted me but, after some discussion, suggested that I contact Coachman. I then reached out to a Coachmen service rep (Jason Johnson) but he *never* responded to my request. Service and support apparently SUUUUCKS in the RV industry.

Thanks for any help,

Richard
Richard, I am having the exact same issue and no one seems to know the answer. I was wondering if you ever got this resolved? One tech told me to daisy chain the power off of one of the switches in the monitor panel which is fine, but there is no wire up to the winegard mounting area. Any information would be appreciated, thanks. Mike.

Richard, I am having the exact same issue and no one seems to know the answer. I was wondering if you ever got this resolved? One tech told me to daisy chain the power off of one of the switches in the monitor panel which is fine, but there is no wire up to the winegard mounting area. Any information would be appreciated, thanks. Mike.
I did solve this issue and it wasn’t easy. I took a drawer off its glides so I could take a look in the area behind the converter. I really couldn’t see much at first. There’s a ton of wires in that cavity. I used my iPhone to take pictures of the areas I couldn’t see. After a bunch of pictures, I spotted the yellow/green wire! I had to take more to see if I could determine where the wire was coming from. From what I could tell from the pictures, it was coming down from the cavity above the entry door which matched what I saw in the cavity above the cabinet next to the entry door.

After much deliberation, I decided to slide out the converter to see if I could reach the wire. It was in the lower left corner as I faced the converter and I was able to pull it out. It was coiled up along with another wire that also wasn’t connected (the porch light, according to the wiring diagram). Once uncoiled, I was able to hand the wire to my wife, who was reaching in through the opening where the drawer was. From there, I figured it wouldn’t be too hard to run it up the wall to the control panel. However, the wire wasn’t quite long enough. I was able to run into Jackson Hole to get some wire and connectors to splice the two together. (We were camping at Spread Creek, Wyoming at the time. We left just two days before Gabby Petito arrived.)

Once I had the wires spliced together, it didn’t take much effort to get the rest hooked up.

Richard

Watch this video explains all the wires.

We have the Wineguard 360 in our new RV too but there was zero documentation for it and I don’t see an access area under where the antenna is. There is a switch on the wall though. I need to look into what it provides, speeds, cost, contract, yadda yadda ya.

Watch this video explains all the wires.

Yeah, I saw that video a few months ago but it was completely useless for the situation I was in. It only explains the wiring at the point where the router is hooked up but doesn’t mention anything about the other end where the wires are hooked up to the power source and switch. That’s understandable though. That issue really depends on the RV and isn’t really related to the actual Winegard device.

I’m having the exact same issue with my gateway device. Also a coachman leprechaun. It sounds like whoever is doing assembly at coachman has no idea what they are doing! It sounds like almost everyone is having the same issue 20

I’m having the exact same issue with my gateway device. Also a coachman leprechaun. It sounds like whoever is doing assembly at coachman has no idea what they are doing! It sounds like almost everyone is having the same issue 20
We recently purchased a new 2022 Coachman Freedom Express that was supposedly "prewired" for the Winegard Gateway. Having the same problem with no power at the hub when installing the router. Anybody got more info on a fix?

Latest resources

Back