Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m sure there are pages on this subject but I’m not very smart on tech stuff. I have a 2022 F.R. Wildcat 5th wheel. It came with a Winegard 360+. I’m not ready to pay for SIM cards and such but if I installed the optional gateway but didn’t activate any plans what, if anything, would that do if the park has Wi-Fi or if I use the hot spot on my phone?

You actually have a choice of devices to add to your Air360+. Both of them will provide the WiFi connectivity you are looking for and both have a cellular modem which you can use if and when you decide to do so.

You have already discovered the Gateway device sold by Winegard but there is another similar router marketed by WiFiRanger which is a Winegard company. The WiFiRanger device is called Osprey and it was designed to be completely compatible with the Air360+.

If you are already asking "why would Winegard market two devices that do the same thing?" the answer is a simple one. The Gateway is a 2.4 GHz WiFi only while the Osprey is dual band (2.4 and 5.8 GHz). The Gateway has a Category 4 modem and the Osprey offers a choice of Category 6 or 12 modems. So you can think of the Gateway as the basic option and the Osprey as the more advanced one. You can find the Osprey here: Osprey - WiFiRanger

Winegard is beginning to market the Gateway 5G but I believe it is only designed to work with the Air360+5G.

Thanks “docj”. Very helpful.

Latest resources

Back