Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Next mod is stepping up my internet setup. The MoFi 4500 has done a good enough job for zooming and streaming but now that I’ve proven the concept for myself, I am getting ready go get some pepwaves and a 7-in-on antenna.

The biggest challenge I see here in the antenna install. I am planning go to go with the Parsec 7-in-1 as it delivers the highest gain with the longest wire run. One of the keys for any antenna is getting it high up and clear of obstructions.

I noted there is a Wingard Sensar rv arena on our roof which is operated with a hand crank inside the coach. When the antenna pole is raised via the crank, the pole raises and the antenna itself actually remains parallel to the surface of the roof while it is raised above the roofline by the pole.

I thought that with some minor modifications, replacing the TV antenna with the parsec antenna, this could be an elegant way to be able to get the parsec antenna high above the roof rails while parked. While in transit, I am not sure it actually needs to sit above the roof rails as the internet usage in transit is minimal.

has anyone ever installed one of these Wingard Sensar antennas? Anything special to it? Any other thoughts on this while I continue kicking it around in my head?

The biggest problem I have seen with them is people leaving them up. The best thing is that they are directional. I have seen people mount yogis on them.

The biggest problem I have seen with them is people leaving them up.
This is true. In fact, I almost did that when I left my last campground. Occurred to me that it might be up just as I released the park brake to move out of my spot.

Newmar has a stupid drivers footrest alarm to solve a problem that doesn’t really exist (driver’s foot rest extended while driving) but an alarm that told you your antenna is still up - nope.

go figure

This is true. In fact, I almost did that when I left my last campground. Occurred to me that it might be up just as I released the park brake to move out of my spot.

Newmar has a stupid drivers footrest alarm to solve a problem that doesn’t really exist (driver’s foot rest extended while driving) but an alarm that told you your antenna is still up - nope.

go figure
cw had an answer when I bought anything there. a clip with a red sign attached. When parked with antenna up you clipped the tag on the drivers side visor, when driving the tag was attached to the antenna crank.

Latest resources

Back