Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
So I tried another rendition of wings on a pellet grill the other day and I think I finally found a way to cook them that I like. In the past I'd slow smoke them, sauce them at the end, maybe put them back on the grill, don't remember. It was always so-so. As the pressure was on feeing @ARD and @NWIP (and Lisa) I did some research and YouTube and saw a different trend. Several videos showed marinating the wings for a few hours prior in a zip lock and then essentially cook them at higher heat.

I tried three different marinades; Caribbean Jerk chicken marinade, a mild wings sauce, and buffalo wings sauce. I let them marinade 2-3 hours and then put them on the smoker. The plan was to do 275 for an hour then up the heat to add some crispiness. As I was running behind I initially cooked at 300, then turned up the heat. I was also out of room so had to use my shelf rack to put two layers in the smaller Davey Crockett GMG pellet grill. In the end, I was very pleased how they turned out and the shelf didn't cause an issue. What I also learned is I don't like smaller drumettes but instead just "chicken wings" that are meaty. No additional saucing was done, just marinade, cook, eat.

Very pleased and will do this method again next time.

I don't think there is any evidence as the group was having too much fun for phones and cameras. I'll get some next time and run a verification run of version 23.

Hope you are using grain fed free range chickens with 6 wings.

Chef Neal. I will take an order. Likely better than the grocery store version. ?

I will attest that there was a version 23 and @Neal did a great job. There was a lot of fun being had that night, camera phones being used to capture @ARD sweet talking with Alexa. Not sure why no pictures of wings?

I received a C & D from @ARD about releasing any photos and videos. Oh well.

We were forced to delete also under threat of lawsuit.

I received a C & D from @ARD about releasing any photos and videos. Oh well.
They didn't sign that photographic release form did they?

All I know is camping with fulltimers is downright dangerous!

Latest resources

Back