Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Davidmc

RVF Newbee
I am new to RVs though I do have some experience with family as a kid. I am looking to get a Class B with pop up sleeping area and think I have the field narrowed down to either the Winnebago Solis 59PX or the Thor Sequence.

I have a few questions I hope people experienced with these models can answer so I can make an informed decision about which is best for my needs.

The Solis has an Onan generator. It is mounted low, and extends below the rear axle. This lowers the ground clearance. How much of an issue is this if there is debris in the road, on gravel or dirt road, etc?

My understanding is the AC on the Solis does not run off battery power, it has to be on shore power or with generator running. Is that correct?

The Thor Sequence can run off the lithium batteries, and if you don't crank it down low it can run all night. Is that correct?

The AC issue may be a make or break issue, as I will be frequently using the van in the south east during the summer.

I have heard varying negative comments about the Thor build quality. Lesser quality materials and craftsmanship. Also less service after the sale. Are these complaints true? Does Thor have a good or bad reputation? Who has more service centers nationwide, Winnebago or Thor?

Latest resources

Back