• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Winter Time Travel

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
GREETINGS - Old person here but new to RV. We are setting out from South Dakota to the Gulf Coast of Texas on 1/2021. I bought an Itasca 35n Sunova this summer and we plan a two-month getaway from Old Man Winter. I have driven the unit about 3,000 miles this summer, I do have it winterized but it is in heated storage for now. My big question is:
"Can we operate the propane furnace while traveling down the highway?" I am not impressed with the amount of heat that comes out of the chassis system so would like to run the furnace and have no problem running the generator as well while driving. I could not find an answer to this question in the owner's manual so I started looking for a user's group and found you folks. Any help appreciated and in any event:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Welcome to RVF, @Dakota Traveler Sunova 35; glad to have you join us here. While I am not very familiar with your particular coach, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes as long as the generator is running to provide electricity to power the fan and controls. It may not even require the generator, but I'm not sure about that.

TJ

Yes you can run the furnace without the generator running. I would turn it off pulling into gas stations tho.

Every system on my coach gets used as we travel down the highways. Enjoy your time away from old man winter!

Latest resources

Back