Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LawrenceSolomon

RVF Regular
I have a 2021 Roadtrek Zion Slumber. I started the winterization process today. Following the Roadtrek manual, I put 2.5 gallons of RV antifreeze in the fresh water tank. Then I started the water pump. But no fluids ever came out of any of the faucets. Please note that there temperatures here have not really been below freezing so far. Any ideas?

Thank you.

If the lines and water heater were empty, then 2.5 gallons might not be adequate to fill everything. I suggest you drain the water heater {remove and replace the anode rod} and set the bypass value such that the heater is not filled with antifreeze.

Personally, I use air from my compressor {40 psi max} to blow out the lines by connecting to the "city water" inlet. And I drain the freshwater tank. I do pour about a cup full of antifreeze into each sink, shower, and lav to assure any water in the traps is displaced. Next Spring I won't be concerned about getting all the antifreeze {containing no telling what chemicals} out of my water system.

I was surprised the antifreeze arrived intact! The box was of the correct quality and also the HDPE bottles also helped this box arrive undamaged. None of the bottles leaked. I used the complete kit to winterize my RV. I actually liked the induction sealed child-resistant caps because they were all intact after I opened each bottle. All bottles were filled to the identical level. Enough for some seasons!

You said - "Antifreeze in the fresh water tank". Seems most people get antifreeze into the pipes through the city connection. From the service people we use and camper friends, I don't know anyone who puts antifreeze directly in the fresh tank. Just my opinion but that seems hard to flush out in the spring.
How did it work?

Latest resources

Back