Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike_b42

RVF Regular
I bought a used 4Winds Majestic over the summer and I am in the process to winterize it (I live in Colorado, so that is definitely a must). I have familiarized myself with the general procedure for doing that, but I have a question about blowing out the lines. The RV has 2 lowpoint lines (I think, on the lhs just behind the tires), and if I open them a bit of water comes out (gravity fed, I suppose). I turned on the pump and more water came out, but it's down to a trickle. So now I am thinking of blowing everything out (I am aware of the water heater bypass). But I am not sure where to attach the pressure hose I have a few options:

Water inlet. I could feed compressed air where I feed the water normally. But when I feed the water and the tank fills, there seems to be an overflow line and the water squirts out. That would mean I can't really create any pressure that way.
City water inlet: I have never used this, but that would be a place where I could create some pressure, as the city water is definitely pressurized.
On one of the low point tubes. There is what could be a compressed air inlet on one of the low point lines, above the valve. Is that supposed to be used for the compressed air? I would probably need an adapter for that. Any idea where I could get that, or what adapter I need?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back