Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DianeD

RVF Regular
Do I need to winterize a Jayco all season fifth wheel if it's only going to be below 32 degrees for 2 days? Thank you!

Typically I only winterized when cold will be deep or sustained - which is not too often here in the Willamette Valley, but I'm not paying for repairs on your rig, so...

For me, winterizing is opening all the taps, blowing out the lines with low pressure air, and pouring a 1/4 cup of antifreeze in each trap. Maybe your rig is different, but developing a simple and effective technique takes much of the sting - and time - out of it.

Typically I only winterized when cold will be deep or sustained - which is not too often here in the Willamette Valley, but I'm not paying for repairs on your rig, so...

For me, winterizing is opening all the taps, blowing out the lines with low pressure air, and pouring a 1/4 cup of antifreeze in each trap. Maybe your rig is different, but developing a simple and effective technique takes much of the sting - and time - out of it.
Thank you! I just didn't know if "4 season camper" really meant 4 seasons or if that is just marketing...... Thank you, again!

This time of year you shouldn't need to worry about winterizing unless you are in the northern tier of states. All I have done when it got cold was disconnect the water hose and when my trailer was in Texas for the cold there (18 degrees two nights in a row), I left the grey tank valves open since the valves are exposed, and the thermostat set low as it would go. I was in Minnesota during that week and got back to no propane!

Latest resources

Back