Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Workhorse Chassis Dash Air Getting Warm (HR Admiral)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RickLSmith53

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Admiral 33SDD
RV Length
33' 4"
TOW/TOAD
2020 Equinox
Fulltimer
No
I am bringing this up again because so many have had these issues... Workhorse chassis dash a/c installation was never good. After three large shops replaced parts at high expense and the problem persisted, I almost gave up. Then when the Winter Haven Ford (FL) dealer opened a "Large Truck & Motorhome" repair center I thought I would try them. The Svc Mgr after hearing my story said he likely could not help me, but Absolute Trailer (semi) in Winter Haven, FL likely could. I called Steve (owner) explained my issue and he said, "I know exactly what it is!" I took it in. About 3 days later he called and said all is well! I said how much? $320!!! I said to myself, "YEAH!!!" I was planning on a thousand or so. Turns out the system is very poorly designed. The blower box on ALL he told me leak terribly. He showed me where he sealed it for good EVERYWHERE! Plus my trickle of air out my vents was the foam insulation in the fan housing had broken loose and was now in front of the fan blocking nearly all the air. We have now made several 3 hour and longer trips with ice cold air blowing me out of my seat!!! (In Florida) But before Steve repaired my system, it was the same issue most have on all these forums. Cold ac for 20-40 minutes, then ambient air temp out of the vents. And this after three other Expert AC repair people just threw parts at it and accomplished NOTHING!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back