43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
Hi all,

So I posted a while back about picking up my first RV. After much research I ended up with 2015 Dutch Star 4312 and it's been a pleasure. The RV is in really good condition and overall the first trip with my wife, 4 y/o and 6 month old went well. While I've done considerable research overall there are definitely many things to learn specific to this model and the changes made by the prior owner. For example he installed cat5 throughout the rig, harmony system, wineguard etc. The issue is figuring out how everything is configured to get it to work again but hopefully I'll eventually get there. I actually just ordered a 15' telescoping ladder to get on the roof and inspect what's there.

I do have some issues that might not be issues at all and just operator errors but was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

During my inspection of the RV all signals, light, horns worked. Recently someone said my rear signals weren't working but lights were, while I couldn't reproduce the issue I did find some corrosion on the legs of some fuses. I replaced all mini fuses but noticed over the weekend that the airhorn doesn't seem to work. I checked fuses and the one labeled horn is fine but I would think that's the regular horn fuse. Besides the toggle on dash, is there any trick to the air horn, I only get the regular one to sound regardless of toggle position.

On my dash there is an LED for solar charging. My understanding is that I should have a 50W panel that trickle charges yet I've never seen the light on. Is there something I'm supposed to do to switch that on?

Lastly (famous last words) my level indicator in the water bay doesn't seem to show the right value for my fresh tank, it shows 0 even when full yet the in coach one shows correct. All other values work? I would assume they read from the same gauge so not sure how it could fail for one only. Thoughts?

Anyways, those things aside it's been great. This was our first trip (2 nights about 5 hours away) about an hour east of Hershey PA. I plan to at least do another trip without a toad and then trade my electric mini in for a Wrangler and that will open up longer and more interesting trips.

Was hoping to give a nudge in case anyone had ideas or tips

For your lights situation, you might check for a recall on the PDM. I don’t remember if it goes back to 2015. As for fresh water gauge, the only one I have is inside the coach. In the water bay, I simply look at the tank. Pretty easy to see the level.

For your lights situation, you might check for a recall on the PDM. I don’t remember if it goes back to 2015. As for fresh water gauge, the only one I have is inside the coach. In the water bay, I simply look at the tank. Pretty easy to see the level.
Thanks, I’ll check in on that recall.

Latest resources

Back