Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m sure this will be moved quickly but I wasn’t sure where to put it.

We just got unlimited why-fi for $50.00 month from T-Mobile. I think I can, also, get another $5.00 off for autopay and paperless billing. I know they will “throttle” speed sometimes but I don’t work so all I use it for is email and TV.

I may be the last to know about this but if not maybe someone else can benefit.

I’m sure this will be moved quickly but I wasn’t sure where to put it.

We just got unlimited why-fi for $50.00 month from T-Mobile. I think I can, also, get another $5.00 off for autopay and paperless billing. I know they will “throttle” speed sometimes but I don’t work so all I use it for is email and TV.

I may be the last to know about this but if not maybe someone else can benefit.
They say they are unlimited but read the small print. Most of these from the big three claims to be unlimited and have a priority amount of 50 or 100 gigs then throttled so slow you can't even load a webpage and barely will do email and that is their definition of unlimited.

We had bad experience with the same plan and cancelled in favor of StarLink.
Hope you do better?

Yes. Been discussed A LOT here, under the topics of:

Home Internet Gateway
WIFI (or Wi-Fi)

And yes, T-Mobile DOES limit the new plan’s speed, as well as reserving the right to throttle any device when a tower is too congested.

Yes. Been discussed A LOT here, under the topics of:

Home Internet Gateway
WIFI (or Wi-Fi)

And yes, T-Mobile DOES limit the new plan’s speed, as well as reserving the right to throttle any device when a tower is too congested.
What I understand the T-Mobile gateway does manage your connection but doesn't throttle your connection while the T-Mobile hotspot throttles your connection plus it also manages your prime data. What I understand the differece is throttled will limit you throuhput even if the tower is not congested.

When you said TV that is the deal braker,, almost a sure thing you will have problems with the service.

Thought I’d post a follow up. Over the last 3 months we have averaged 204.66 gig of use per month. Buffering has been VERY minimal and for VERY short length. Only had 1 outage and for only about 15 minutes one afternoon.

We have 2 tvs, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. Don’t work but watch a lot of streaming tv. Prime time, Movies, game shows etc.

I use direct pay so my bill has been $50.00 per month.

Admittedly, I don’t boondock and I stay at Thousand Trails / Coast to Coast parks with no problems for coverage.

We’re pretty much resigned to using Starlink once we start traveling more in the summers (probably next year). My wife works remote, so we need a solid connection. Just don’t tell Elno that one of the people he laid off is using the service.

Latest resources

Back