Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

NW-Dstar

RVF Regular
Chelan WA (most time) Indio CA (sometimes)
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4018
RV Length
40'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 L-9
TOW/TOAD
RAM Rebel 1500
I really like the dual 9" HD xite system in the 2021 DS. Despite the challenges with the current xite system I have, I really like the integrated look along with many fewer reported xite problems on the larger systems that have a remote head unit. Well I inquired on pricing on the Xite 9" Dual Infotainment System PN# 151813 and it was: $5,401.60! At that price I'm going to try to build a replica of the factory system using aftermarket products that will outperform anything offered by xite. I've narrowed down the receiver to the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX . However I'm having tough time finding a matching 10" camera controller display. In addition I might like to integrate my 360 camera into the second monitor as well if the controller supports 4 channels vs. the factory voyager 3. I would welcome source/recommendation for a replacement for the voyager display. I'll post pictures of my progress as I plan to do the install in the next 30 days assuming parts availability.

One final question is the xite sirius xm adapter appears to be universal. Curious if anyone has connected it successfully to a pioneer head unit? If not I will likely just buy the pioneer so as not to fry my brand new unit.

thanks,
/.d

Well I like my Xite unit we have presently, but, it's programing is backwards to any other unit I have ever used. Once you get used to it, then it makes some sense. The jeep is one way, the Magellan is another way, the xite is another way. No standards. The sound quality of ours is excellent. I did wire in my last unit with a portable XM radio, the antenna was already on the roof, it was just a matter of hooking up the lead. Find out what NM can do for you along those lines, as the antenna is a standard piece of hardware I think, have them leave the lead marked and behind the center console for you.

Has anyone looked into camera upgrades for the 360 system? I would like to upgrade to higher quality cameras and to see about "broadcasting" to a larger, high resolution monitor.

-Randall Garrett-
Boerne, TX

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back