• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sam Forcenito

RVF Regular
Hello all,
I am new to this forum but not new to camping, I have been camping with my family since I was a baby, and have always loved the camping lifestyle and the great camping family. I am now 22 and a senior in college preparing to graduate with a degree in environmental studies with the hopes of gaining a career that will allow me to experience and educate others on the outdoors. I join this forum to ask for your assistance in a survey that I am conducting as part of my honors thesis. The goal of my thesis is to discover what impacts camping and its associated activities have on the environment. The answers are completely anonymous, and a consent letter is attached to the survey that can be found via the attached link. The survey will take less than 15 minutes to complete and I would really appreciate if some of you can fill it out. Also this survey is meant for people who use travel trailers, fifth wheels, expandables, or popups, not motorhomes. Google Forms - create and analyze surveys, for free.
Thank you,
Samuel Forcenito

Last edited:
Hello all,
I am new to this forum but not new to camping, I have been camping with my family since I was a baby, and have always loved the camping lifestyle and the great camping family. I am now 22 and a senior in college preparing to graduate with a degree in environmental studies with the hopes of gaining a career that will allow me to experience and educate others on the outdoors. I join this forum to ask for your assistance in a survey that I am conducting as part of my honors thesis. The goal of my thesis is to discover what impacts camping and its associated activities have on the environment. The answers are completely anonymous, and a consent letter is attached to the survey that can be found via the attached link. The survey will take less than 15 minutes to complete and I would really appreciate if some of you can fill it out. Google Forms - create and analyze surveys, for free.
Thank you,
Samuel Forcenito
Sorry, but I am unable to access the survey. I am told I don't permission to view it.

TJ

TJ,
My apologies, I forgot to change the settings to allow people not associated with my university to take the survey. It should be available now.
-Sam
The link now works, Sam, but you might want to be clear up front that you are only looking for input from trailer owners; input from motorhome users is not desired. Many of the active participants on RVF are motorhome owners. No complaint regarding the restriction on input, but being clear on who you want to participate in the survey would (a) disuade undesired participants early on and (b) might help eliminate undesired input from people who have a hard time following directions. :rolleyes:

TJ

The link now works, Sam, but you might want to be clear up front that you are only looking for input from trailer owners; input from motorhome users is not desired. Many of the active participants on RVF are motorhome owners. No complaint regarding the restriction on input, but being clear on who you want to participate in the survey would (a) disuade undesired participants early on and (b) might help eliminate undesired input from people who have a hard time following directions. :rolleyes:

TJ
TJ,
Thanks for the recommendation, I edited my original post to make it more clear!
-Sam

Just curious.............why don't you want input from motorhome owners? That's an awfully big segment of the market to leave out of your thesis. Your results will be skewed tremendously as a result.

Just curious.............why don't you want input from motorhome owners? That's an awfully big segment of the market to leave out of your thesis. Your results will be skewed tremendously as a result.
Hi,
The reason I am not asking for input from motorhome owners is because when it comes to purchasing a motorhome, there is already an engine equipped with the chassis of the coach. Yes, in some instances you can choose a model that has a larger engine and more horsepower, but all of that comes with the coach. I focused my research for the survey on towables because in some cases, people can choose if they would rather have gas or diesel even in 3500 models, and a fifthwheel and travel trailer for the most part can be towed by either. It comes down to a matter of preference, and what the best decision would be when taking into account fuel mileage,power, and performance when towing, as well as costs, and it may only be a few thousand dollars difference between gas and diesel when considering a tow vehicle. When it comes to motorhomes, if you are looking at a class A, most of the time, at least in my experience, there is a large price difference between a class A, and a class A diesel pusher, and most of the time you cannot equip one chassis designed for diesel, with a gas motor. The same applies for class C, when you have the regular class C, and then the Super C which is based on a larger chassis, and has a diesel engine. I appreciate your input and hope I that was able to clarify things up a little bit.

You said "The goal of my thesis is to discover what impacts camping and its associated activities have on the environment." Your answer to me above didn't mention the environment at all, only the types of engines available in Class A and Class C RV's. Since all towable RV's have to be towed by a gas or diesel engine, and all Class A and Class C RV's also have (in many cases) the SAME gas or diesel engines, I'm still not sure why you're leaving 25% (?) of the RV market out of your thesis research? Just trying to understand. :rolleyes:

You said "The goal of my thesis is to discover what impacts camping and its associated activities have on the environment." Your answer to me above didn't mention the environment at all, only the types of engines available in Class A and Class C RV's. Since all towable RV's have to be towed by a gas or diesel engine, and all Class A and Class C RV's also have (in many cases) the SAME gas or diesel engines, I'm still not sure why you're leaving 25% (?) of the RV market out of your thesis research? Just trying to understand. :rolleyes:
Hi sorry,
Ok so I did not want to have as many different variables when analyzing all of my information, and by cutting it down to simply towed RVs, that are pulled by vehicles, rather than the actual vehicle itself. So basically, by including only towed RV's , I can have a more singular focus on my actual research, as well as the literature research I will be conducting that is also part of my thesis.

Latest resources

Back