RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V12
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
We love our 2013 Itaska 26HE and it runs like a top. I know it's an entry level Class A but would like to know if anyone has upgraded their suspension to smooth out the ride. Also since this is our first RV I've always wondered if the noise level is normal. It seems to be quite noisy and I am wondering if there's anything I can do to alleviate the banging around. Maybe a suspension upgrade will help but I'm just not sure.

We had the same issues on our 2014 E450 Forester with the ride, banging, etc.

We ended up having Liquid Springs installed on the rear and it was night and day after.

No more banging, smoothed out the ride immensely. Was worth every penny to us. Made driving all day much more enjoyable and I didn’t feel beat up at the end of the day.

Not an inexpensive option but, from all the research we did before pulling the trigger, the top upgrade that can be done in our book.

They do make it for the front and rear on the F53 chassis.

We had the same issues on our 2014 E450 Forester with the ride, banging, etc.

We ended up having Liquid Springs installed on the rear and it was night and day after.

No more banging, smoothed out the ride immensely. Was worth every penny to us. Made driving all day much more enjoyable and I didn’t feel beat up at the end of the day.

Not an inexpensive option but, from all the research we did before pulling the trigger, the top upgrade that can be done in our book.

They do make it for the front and rear on the F53 chassis.
Thank you Dennis!
I'll look into it.

Thank you Dennis!
I'll look into it.
Quite welcome.

Speak to Wayne Wells from LS. He is very nice and spent more than hour going over things with us before we pulled the trigger.

We had ours done at the factory in Indiana.

They have some videos as well and one is an F53 that a blogger had done.

TWO EASY STEPS TO TAKE: We have a 2008 Itasca Sunova 26p so similar length (and weight I would guess). Previous owner said he always kept tires at 90 lb. The sticker says 85 in the front and 70 for the dually rear tires. After we weighed the rig and made sure these pressures were within specs for the tires, we adjusted air to match the sticker. MUCH better ride. So much softer and corners better in my opinion. As for noise, I lifted the doghouse and added sound dampening there. Easy project and made a significant difference, especially when going up hills. I also no longer hear the cooling fans when they fire up!

This is the sound dampening I used: Amazon.com

These two "mods" made a big difference and have made driving much more pleasant.

Latest resources

Back