Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

edereyes

RVF Regular
Signed the papers on a '23 TSC and picked it up on the 15th of May. Went through 24 hours of familiarization at the dealer's RV park. As soon as I started driving away, there were problems.
1) Water heater connections melted - required a new water heater
2) Generator blown wires - required a re-wire
3) Moulding in multiple places coming undone
4) Refrigerator stuck in with broken moulding
5) Wall in bedroom slide out - does not go to the floor (large gap in the floor)
6) Dryer not working
7) Loose Panels - Wardrobe & Kitchen

The International chassis performs well, but the workmanship and quality of Nexus is sub-standard. The unit was brought back to the dealer 3 times for a total of almost 60 days in the shop before I was able to drive it out of the state to my home in California. I put 4600 miles driving it half way from Texas to California before I finally got it to its home.

A motorhome of this price should not have this terrible workmanship. For over 25 years, I've owned a 5th wheel trailer, a 32-foot Thor Majestic, and now a Nexus. I bought the 5th wheel new, the Thor used, and the Nexus new. I researched for well over 6 months before we decided on the Nexus, based on all the "high quality" comments from previous buyers.

We've seemed to have fixed 99% of the problems, but it seems as if we're waiting for something else to go wrong again that we're going to have to fix.

I'll keep this post up to date with the progress.

That does seem excessive but on the bright side almost all new RVs have problems that show up during initial travels and usually they get ironed out in the first year or so. Hopefully there wont be many more.

Unfortunately, the service follow-up by Nexus is non-existent. Repeated calls, emails and queries result in ZERO communications from Nexus.
Truth be told, if it weren't for the fact that I'd lose a huge downpayment and all the upgrades and options we got with this motorhome, I'd get rid of it today.
I will never buy another Nexus - regardless of any changes they may make now or in the future.
Best
That does seem excessive but on the bright side almost all new RVs have problems that show up during initial travels and usually they get ironed out in the first year or so. Hopefully there wont be many more.
I've owned 5th wheels, Class As and Class Cs for the last 25 years. I know going into a new RV that there would be "teething" problems, but this is excessive for any RV.

I would certainly expect better as well.

So I've got a happy update. I was able to email the owner of Nexus and told him of my problem(s).
He's a no-excuses, no-nonsense kind of guy.
Each and every problem was fixed to my satisfaction, and done with care.
Now it's a pleasure driving my new RV - and I can't wait to get her out on the road again soon!
Thank you Nexus - and especially to the Big Boss - for listening to me patiently and fixing everything that was wrong!

Good to hear a company actually stands behind their products. Enjoy your travels in your new and improved rig and congrats on being one of the few people to get this done.

Wow, that's a real breath of fresh air! Congratulation and go out and enjoy your rig!

Dave Middleton is a stand guy. If he us given details and opportunity he will get his units fixed.

Latest resources

Back