Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
On the way home from Nappanee my check engine light came on. Of course it did, with the way my life has gone with this coach, why not put me on edge while driving through the Smoky Mountains?

There is basically nobody in my little town to take it to, so I'm looking for a "reasonably good" code reader to purchase.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Some of the guys on this forum use Diesel Handheld units. If you query the Group you my find a discount somewhere Handheld

They’ve also got some used ones at half price right now. I bought mine used and couldn't tell it from new. It also gives you the ability to perform regens. They also have great customer service and tech help, and a good return policy.

For now though you should be able to get any codes from your LBCU. If yours is like other FL units of that year this should get you through it:

They’ve also got some used ones at half price right now. I bought mine used and couldn't tell it from new. It also gives you the ability to perform regens. They also have great customer service and tech help, and a good return policy.
Thank you, Rich. It's on the way!

I picked one up at harbor freight.

Works on a bunch of engines, does forced regen etc.

Picked it up during the Presidents’ Day sale 20% off.

Back up....why do you need a code reader? You should be able to get the codes from the diagnostics info on the LCD display.

Back up....why do you need a code reader? You should be able to get the codes from the diagnostics info on the LCD display.
I probably don't. But I'm hoping for more detailed info that what I'm getting from the Freightliner display.

Current codes are:
  • TAXLE Fault 1 of 1 / SPN 2923 FMI 7 OC 1
  • ENGINE Fault 1 or 1 / SPN 3363 FMI 16 OC 3

Research so far found: Cummins Fault Code Description Light SPN 3363 FMI 16 1713

Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank Heater - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level

You can use the Freightliner 24/7 app to find the number to call them and they can help you with the codes and actions as needed.

Latest resources

Back