Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hwy 50 Between Gunnison & Montrose Closed.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Texas Clodhopper

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
Longer daily
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
I received this message from my friend in Montrose, CO, regarding the Hwy 50 bridge closure between Gunnison and Montrose.

I am getting info from the Montrose paper— Montrose press.com Might see what you can get there. I don’t see any way the bridge will be usable for a long time. They did announce the option of the Lake City Cutoff will be allowing up to 85k gross weights now or soon, but still dirt. This requires 50 west out of Gunnison to CO 149, south to co rd 26, west on 26 will bring you back to 50 past the bridge. I would not take my coach over this road… The ONLY other ways are: I-25 north to I-70 and west to G Jct. Or: I-25 south to Walsenburg, 160 west to Cortez. This goes over La Veta Pass and also Wolf Creek Pass. Decisions, decisions…

Bummer.

Jim, If someone is coming from the South, I 40 to Albaquerque, and the highway up through the Apache Indian reservation to Brownfield(think Farmington). From there I don't remember the exact route, but you get to Cortez and go West. There is a gap that takes you to Grand Junction. That was the lowest elevation road I could track down to Grand Junction from Oklahoma I could find.

My problem is we'll be at the Newmar National Rally in Pueblo and I wanted to go from there to Montrose and then to Ouray.

Latest resources

Back