• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Life on the Road, coming soon...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You pretty much nailed it, except for "Nemo" LOL! It would actually be "Neo", but I get your drift for sure!
😲🤣🤣🤣
Yup! I guess Nemo is a cartoon fish!

Watched that while at anchor in Cabo!we got invited on a friend's tri! I have been unplugged for a while! Only movies I watch are movies I have been told have a valid message. Thanks for the correction!!!

Last edited:
😲🤣🤣🤣
Yup! I guess Nemo is a cartoon fish!

Watched that while at anchor in Cabo!we got invited on a friend'strip! I have been unplugged for a while! Only movies I watch are movies I have been told have a valid message. Thanks for the correction!!!
Yeah no worries. Kinda fits too: Nemo finding his place in the big bad ocean!!!
I'm at the same state of mind with movies: I avoid most of them.
Would usually rather read, write, draw, or do photography.

Hello!
So here I am, still in a sort of holding pattern.
Truth is, I'm getting out of what's been an abusive situation. Tried everything to help her, put up with a lot of abuse, but no change-not even acknowledgement of any wrong.

The issue is that I don't know if I will get the house, or if we will sell and split it. She owns another property where her family lives in another state, so I am hoping I get the house.

If not, I will certainly get the RV.

As an artist who works with creating murals, props and models for TV and film, leather-crafting, sculpting... I need a place to work.
I also have my Land Cruiser, which I will use for some instruction (I am also an off road instructor).

Here's what's bouncing around inside my cranium:

If I don't get the house, I would get a preowned RV, not new. Can't afford new anyway!

1. Get something like a Bigfoot: good storage, can handle cold weather...
Convert the bedroom into a small workshop and sleep up front somehow.
I don't think a non-diesel can bull a 6,000lb Land Cruiser on a trailer, so maybe I will have to flat-tow, which I hate doing.

2. A Super C and tow the Land Cruiser in an enclosed trailer. The trailer doubles as the workshop, with tools etc. Just roll out the Land Cruiser when I need to do work.
A con to this is the length of the damn thing.

3. Towing a camper with either my FJ Cruiser or the HJ45, keeping one of them stored when not in use. However, I am limited to 5,000lbs towing capacity, and I don't want to be close to that-so it limits my options to something like a Casita or RPod. Not a lot of room or capacity for the weight of cargo etc.

4. Renting a storage unit to have as a workshop and living in an RV, towing either the FJC or the HJ45, while storing the other. Since the 45 is my main training vehicle, I can leave it for off road trips and training. BUt this now limits my ability to go where I am needed.

I really feel like building up the HJ45 and just taking off on the road for a few months with my dogs. Just so much right now. Chaotic.

Latest resources

Back